Safari Security

tysonmike

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Good evening all, I had a question about Safari and it's security. I am running am iMac with High Sierra, a MacBookPro with El Cap and two iOS devices running the latest iOS available (not beta). I have been a long time user of Fire Fox, I hate chrome (and G**gle). Well I have FF set up pretty securely, but I was considering a move to Safari for all my browsing. I am pretty security conscious and was reading over Apple's Differential Privacy and it seems pretty stout. Is there more info out there about Differential Privacy and how Safari uses it or just what Apple has on their site?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are independent studies about Safari in regard to security, but I haven't come across any, but I haven't looked for any either. Having said that, with the exception of when I'm using my work issued MacBook Air, I overwhelmingly use Safari on my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Depending on your usage, I think it's as secure as can be expected. I would still recommend using a VPN with certain sites or for certain activities such as online banking or online shopping.