Can I stop auto-joining even a wifi net that requires credentials?

Real Science

May 19, 2018
Visit site
https://imore.com/how-stop-auto-joining-wifi-network-mac is such a helpful article! One more question though: Can you uncheck "Automatically join this network" for a network like "XFINITY" which requires you to immediately enter credentials, otherwise the OS bounces you off of it, so you can't uncheck the box. I get: "The Wi-Fi network 'XFINITY' requires WPA2 enterprise credentials." And then it asks for Username and Password, without which, High Sierra doesn't allow you to uncheck "Automatically join..."

Real Science

May 19, 2018
Visit site
Thank you robertk328. Don't know why that wasn't obvious to me. And to make matters worse, I think I accidentally re-submitted that same question. Sheesh! (Stop me before I submit again! :) )

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
And those of you on ATT, you will auto join ATT WiFi when available so be aware. Like at a Starbucks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And those of you on ATT, you will auto join ATT WiFi when available so be aware. Like at a Starbucks.

what if you "forget" the network, does it still auto join? My VPN allows you to set trusted networks otherwise it enables itself to protect your activity so I'd be leaving "attwifi" as untrusted!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2