How would you go about getting your iMessages re-synced up with your Mac. I’ve tried signing in and out of iCloud on my Mac but doesn’t work
    04-25-2018 03:31 PM
    How would you go about getting your iMessages re-synced up with your Mac. I’ve tried signing in and out of iCloud on my Mac but doesn’t work
    Apple is supposed to be adding iMessage sync in iCloud at some point with iOS 11.x and High Sierra, but, as of now, it's not available in the stable (non-beta) versions.
    04-25-2018 03:48 PM
    So there’s no way to reactivate my messages on my Mac as of right now?
    04-25-2018 03:56 PM
    Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t have text messaging forwarded. That’s the only thing I don’t like when updating to the newest iOS is it doesn’t leave Some of your settings like they were
    04-25-2018 04:02 PM
    So there’s no way to reactivate my messages on my Mac as of right now?
    Yes, you can. But it will not sync messages down that you've received on other devices. It will have any history you had before you signed back in with your Apple ID, plus any new iMessages that you receive after that point. And, yes, you can activate text messaging forwarding from your iPhone if you want text messages (green bubbles) to be received and sent from the Mac, in addition to iMessages (blue bubbles.) On the iPhone, Settings / Messages / Text Message Forwarding, after you have signed in to iCloud in Messages on the Mac.

But, like I said, this will not load messages from you've received on your iPhone to the Mac. That will come with iMessage sync when Apple adds that service to iCloud.
    04-25-2018 04:21 PM
    Now I understand. I turned on the text messaging forwarding and tested it out but it still didn’t work. Do I have to wait a few minutes for it to recognize my Mac
    04-25-2018 04:24 PM
    To be honest, I turned off iMessage on my Mac because I wasn't getting notified of messages on my iPhone when they were received if my Mac was turned on (which is not what I wanted). I can't recall how long it took for text messaging forwarding to become active, though I honestly don't send or receive very many of those. Most of my messages these days are iMessages.
    04-25-2018 04:35 PM
    Now I understand. I turned on the text messaging forwarding and tested it out but it still didn’t work. Do I have to wait a few minutes for it to recognize my Mac
    When you click on the Messages app on your Mac to open it what happens? One of the more recent updates signed me out so I just had to resign in.
    04-27-2018 08:13 AM