I just installed High Sierra 10.13.4. One of the new features is supposed to be:

"Enables sorting of Safari bookmarks by name or URL by Right-clicking and choosing Sort By..."

Um, right clicking WHERE, exactly? I have right clicked all over the bookmarks. I see no option anywhere to Sort.

Safari 11.1 was installed as part of the update. Am I missing something? Or did Apple miss something?
    04-06-2018 08:16 PM
    I just installed High Sierra 10.13.4. One of the new features is supposed to be:

"Enables sorting of Safari bookmarks by name or URL by Right-clicking and choosing Sort By..."

Um, right clicking WHERE, exactly? I have right clicked all over the bookmarks. I see no option anywhere to Sort.

Safari 11.1 was installed as part of the update. Am I missing something? Or did Apple miss something?
    I didn't know about this myself. However, if you have View / Show Favorites Bar turned on, and you have some folders in your Favorites toolbar (which should show up just above your tabs, just below the toolbar on each window), when you right-click (or ctrl-click) the folder name, there is a "Sort" option that offers to sort by Name or Address.

Also, if you go into the menu item Bookmarks / Show Bookmarks, it will open the sidebar on the left with all of your Bookmarks folders. Right-click any of the folders and the "Sort by" menu option shows up.

I hope that helps...
    04-06-2018 08:30 PM
    Right click on your bookmarks folders as depicted in the screenshot I just took of a few of my bookmarks.

10.13.4 Update Safari Sort Bookmarks?-bm1.jpg
    TurboTiger likes this.
    04-06-2018 08:32 PM
    Ahhhh, OK. My issue is that none of my bookmarks are in a folder. They are just there. There is no sort option UNLESS they are in a folder. Maybe it needs to say "Right-clicking on a folder and choosing Sort By..."

My bookmarks were all imported from Windows via iCloud. They did not import into any folder. They are below all of the folders. Hence, the only way to sort them is to move them into a folder, which not exactly intuitive.

Thanks.
    04-06-2018 09:41 PM
    Ahhhh, OK. My issue is that none of my bookmarks are in a folder. They are just there. There is no sort option UNLESS they are in a folder. Maybe it needs to say "Right-clicking on a folder and choosing Sort By..."

My bookmarks were all imported from Windows via iCloud. They did not import into any folder. They are below all of the folders. Hence, the only way to sort them is to move them into a folder, which not exactly intuitive.

Thanks.
    You're very welcome...
    04-06-2018 09:49 PM