Safari Passwords

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an iMac running High Sierra and Safari 11.1. For some reason, Safari will auto lock the password manager. Obviously, I know the password to unlock it but it is annoying to enter the password each time I visit a site that requires a login.

Unless I missed something I don't see anything in Safari preferences or System Preferences pertaining to Safari and passwords. I don't see anything in Keychain Access either.

Is Safari locking it or High Sierra?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what password manager you're using, but for instance 1Password has its own auto lock settings. Have you tried looking at the auto lock settings in the password manager you're currently using.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He's correct I'm running the same.

I'll take your word for it. I'm running Safari v11.0.3 on my MBP w/macOS High Sierra v10.13.3. With that being said, the Password Manager does auto-lock when moving away from it. Yet, you still shouldn't have to manually enter a passcode when visiting a website you've previously visited that require a passcode. Go to the AutoFill tab and make sure the box is checked next to usernames & Passwords.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Trust me, I am running Safari 11.1. The problem is NOT going to a site that requires a login information. The problem is Safari auto locks itself. I can't unlock it unless I enter the password. I know the password to unlock it.

I am trying to prevent Safari from auto locking itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73