Photos App doesn't sync anymore??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

I need your help...
Since I updated to High Sierra, my Photos app doesn't sync anymore.

- Both my iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2 run iOS 11 now, and between the 2 of them photos are perfectly synced.
But my iOS photos don't sync to my macOS anymore (which they DID on Sierra), neither does anything I edit in my macOS Photos sync to my iOS devices.

• Attached are screenshots of my macOS settings for Photos.
I hope some1 can help me out?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 0

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

I need your help...
Since I updated to High Sierra, my Photos app doesn't sync anymore.

- Both my iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2 run iOS 11 now, and between the 2 of them photos are perfectly synced.
But my iOS photos don't sync to my macOS anymore (which they DID on Sierra), neither does anything I edit in my macOS Photos sync to my iOS devices.

• Attached are screenshots of my macOS settings for Photos.
I hope some1 can help me out?

Disable iCloud Photo Library, restart your Mac and enable iCloud Photo Library again.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The macOS Photos app is now 'uploading' my pics, but although I only have 48 pics in my app, it takes forever to upload them.
The 'loading'-bar stays empty... :(

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
You should switch to Ziggo or fiber if applicable. Tele2 and the likes are rubbish.
I assume you're being sarcastic here...:raised-eyebrow:
If Sierra NEVER had any issues with the Photos app, the internet connection can't get buggy all of a sudden only because I switched to High Sierra.
(besides, my ISP - xs4all - is named number 1 ISP in our country for years now, probably for a good reason)

• Jokes aside;
I just tested my MacBook... and it has the EXACT same problem as my iMac has.
It just doesn't sync, after 2 hours of 'uploading 48 pics' the progress bar still hasn't moved an inch...
I really think it's a software bug, since it's kinda fishy now that both my macOS systems (iMac/MacBook) have the exact same problem.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I assume you're being sarcastic here...:raised-eyebrow:
If Sierra NEVER had any issues with the Photos app, the internet connection can't get buggy all of a sudden only because I switched to High Sierra.
(besides, my ISP - xs4all - is named number 1 ISP in our country for years now, probably for a good reason)

• Jokes aside;
I just tested my MacBook... and it has the EXACT same problem as my iMac has.
It just doesn't sync, after 2 hours of 'uploading 48 pics' the progress bar still hasn't moved an inch...
I really think it's a software bug, since it's kinda fishy now that both my macOS systems (iMac/MacBook) have the exact same problem.

Nope, not sarcastic, more as a joke
But in all honesty, sometimes one’s internet connection can be the bottleneck. Just to be safe, it wouldn’t hurt to restart your router. (This is somewhat cliche but you’ll never know)

I hope your problem is solved soon, either by itself, or by an update.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
After a week of NO RESULTS, I now finally found out what's causing the sync problems; my vpn server.
I'm running IPVanish since a while, and my virtual location is hardly ever my country's location...
Yesterday I switched off my vpn for a short while and noticed that iCloud syncs perfectly again!

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
After a week of NO RESULTS, I now finally found out what's causing the sync problems; my vpn server.
I'm running IPVanish since a while, and my virtual location is hardly ever my country's location...
Yesterday I switched off my vpn for a short while and noticed that iCloud syncs perfectly again!

VPNs can also cause some havoc with GMail sync'ing to Mac Mail and Dropbox sync'ing to its folder on the Mac. Its an imperfect science...

;-p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR