MacOS 10.15.3 available.

yuanyasmine

Feb 4, 2020
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right thread, but here it goes, after updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.3, my hack goes to sleep but don't awake with mouse or keyboard, only the power button is able to awake it. How can I solve this?

Thanks in Advance

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right thread, but here it goes, after updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.3, my hack goes to sleep but don't awake with mouse or keyboard, only the power button is able to awake it. How can I solve this?

Apple has a support site for sleep/wake issues: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204760

It sure could be that your Mac is going into what Apple calls "safe sleep" (but probably what the rest of us might call hibernation), where the Mac is powered down after sleeping for a while because it doesn't think it's current power usage will survive the battery drain, writes the content of RAM to disk, and powers down. But that is usually pretty obvious when it happens; it takes a lot longer to recover compared with normal sleep, and you don't mention that at all.

Anyway, I would try all of the steps in the section "If the previous steps don't work" in order (i.e., reset SMS, reset NVRAM, disconnect external devices, etc.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2