I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with Mojave. I installed Catalina to an external drive and logged in to Catalina with my Apple ID. Then, I remove the drive and booted into Mojave. I got a message on log in to the Mac that I couldn't log into iCloud about my Apple ID being signed in elsewhere and wanting my password again. This was in Mojave.
    Was it a problem to log into Catalina with my Apple ID? Should I create a different one or not use my Apple ID like this? Or change the computer name under Catalina?
    Thanks.
    11-28-2019 01:26 PM
    I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with Mojave. I installed Catalina to an external drive and logged in to Catalina with my Apple ID. Then, I remove the drive and booted into Mojave. I got a message on log in to the Mac that I couldn't log into iCloud about my Apple ID being signed in elsewhere and wanting my password again. This was in Mojave.
    Was it a problem to log into Catalina with my Apple ID? Should I create a different one or not use my Apple ID like this? Or change the computer name under Catalina?
    Thanks.
    I’m assuming Apple is not recognizing the external drive as a trusted source, but again, I’m only guessing.
    11-28-2019 04:30 PM
    I’m assuming Apple is not recognizing the external drive as a trusted source, but again, I’m only guessing.
    Hmm ok. No way around this? From the articles I read, I don't remember this being mentioned.
    11-29-2019 11:27 AM