I used the lower left active corner to quickly display some 'widgets' like eg the calculator, calendar etc.
    I noticed that this did no longer work after Catalina upgrade, but the other corner functions still did. So I found that these 'widgets' were gone from the selection menu to set the active corners.

This is very unfortunate, as I used this feature extensively.

Omission? If yes, why? Bug? Simply forgotten? Or is there any believable explanation or logic behind that?
    10-09-2019 09:54 AM
    Are you referring to "Hot Corners"? If so, they work fine on my MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina? I have the bottom left corner set to show the notification screen and as as soon as I place the cursor in that particular corner, the notification screen appears.
    10-09-2019 07:41 PM
    Still working fine on my 2019 MBA.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-09-2019 10:42 PM
    I used the lower left active corner to quickly display some 'widgets' like eg the calculator, calendar etc.
    You were using a feature called "Dashboard", and that, in Catalina, has been removed. There are no more Dashboard widgets.

See https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/4/18...emoved-feature
    10-10-2019 10:29 AM
    You were using a feature called "Dashboard", and that, in Catalina, has been removed. There are no more Dashboard widgets.

See https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/4/18...emoved-feature
    Yes, this is what I used, and what I will miss. No good news this got removed. Why? I think it was useful, and it was there already.
    As stated in my post, the other active/hot corner features like eg notification screen still work.
    10-10-2019 03:11 PM
    Yes, this is what I used, and what I will miss. No good news this got removed. Why? I think it was useful, and it was there already.
    As stated in my post, the other active/hot corner features like eg notification screen still work.
    Only Apple knows why, but I suspect that only a very small fraction of users were using Dashboard, developers weren't keeping widgets up to date, or perhaps there were other (security?) reasons that Apple decided to remove Dashboard.
    10-10-2019 04:41 PM