Catalina is available!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, as usual with MacOS, I'm going to let everybody else deal with any bugs or problems before I update. (Though I'm planning an iMac purchase later this month, so I guess I'll have it on that one then, anyway.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Nope, as usual with MacOS, I'm going to let everybody else deal with any bugs or problems before I update. (Though I'm planning an iMac purchase later this month, so I guess I'll have it on that one then, anyway.)

I don't blame you!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Waiting patiently for more feedback because lately I'm reluctant to update OS's on my Apple devices. It really shouldn't be like this with Apple products. Apple really needs to do better and get back to the "OLD" Apple trusted updates we're accustom to...IMHO.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more - ie My thoughts exactly. It will likely be well into Nov before I tackle the iMac. I saved myself a lot of grief by 'holding' on iOS 7 until early December ( way back when I was young(er)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Waiting patiently for more feedback because lately I'm reluctant to update OS's on my Apple devices. It really shouldn't be like this with Apple products. Apple really needs to do better and get back to the "OLD" Apple trusted updates we're accustom to...IMHO.

Apple really added a lot to Catalina compared with older versions - a lot of security changes in particular. This is really a big change, so it shouldn't be too surprising that there are some upgrade pains to come. Again, another reason for me to wait for an update.

I've received two emails from developers whose apps I use: one says to update now, the OS is very secure. The other says to wait, their app has some issues, they are waiting on Apple to fix bugs in some of the APIs, they are trying to find workarounds, but the best thing to do is to wait.

I'm listening to developer number 2 at the moment....

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple really added a lot to Catalina compared with older versions - a lot of security changes in particular. This is really a big change, so it shouldn't be too surprising that there are some upgrade pains to come. Again, another reason for me to wait for an update.

I've received two emails from developers whose apps I use: one says to update now, the OS is very secure. The other says to wait, their app has some issues, they are waiting on Apple to fix bugs in some of the APIs, they are trying to find workarounds, but the best thing to do is to wait.

I'm listening to developer number 2 at the moment....

Thanks for the info. I will wait.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Think I'll wait a month or so.  track record for update issues so far this fall hasn't been stellar, and my iMac, albeit old(er) ie 2013 is working well.. Not rocking the boat quite yet.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still debating on whether to update Catalina. Is anyone else still running the older OS version like me?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
And of course today one of the YouTube channels I follow posted about his personal issues with Catalina. Granted I know this probably isn't everyone's experience but it definitely make me pause and just be patient a bit longer while on Mojave.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntkrhtmqxQ[/FONT]

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
When I replaced my 2012 iMac two weeks ago I was kinda hoping that my new one had shipped with Catalina already aboard....not so.
Will continue 'in the hold' & follow the feedback loop

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen