Will adding more memory solve my problem with Twitch videos?

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
I use twitch on safari browser to watch stream videos. I get a notification that basically says that this page is using a lot of power and I should close it to help the responsiveness of my Mac. I have a 2017 MacBook with 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR31.2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core m3. Can I add more RAM memory..will this even help this issues that I'm having?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
The RAM on a 2017 MacBook cannot be upgraded after purchase. Have you looked into your internet speed as to whether it is adequate ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
8 Gigs of RAM on a Mac goes a long way. With that being said, i wouldn't be surprised if something on the Twitch side was causing the issue because a good deal of people can stream YouTube videos, Zoom videos, Skype videos and videos from various sites like Netflix, FuboTV, etcetera without consuming a lot of RAM.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I use twitch on safari browser to watch stream videos. I get a notification that basically says that this page is using a lot of power and I should close it to help the responsiveness of my Mac.

That's the generic warning Safari tosses out when sites are using a lot of resources. You get that warning but is it actually causing problems? If not, it's not really an issue. You could also look using an ad/script blocker extension on Twitch which will reduce resource use. Like @Just_Me_D said, it's likely on Twitch's side and there's a good chance it's just a poorly implemented ad/script causing it.

Last edited:

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the advice..yeah my internet is Fios GB so for sure not the internet that is causing the issue sounds like its on twitch side of things

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711