MacBook 5,2 (mid 2009)

slooksterpsv

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello all, I purchased a mid 2009 MacBook and just had some questions. I haven’t received it yet (just ordered) but I want to be prepared.

1) it comes with Lion how do I upgrade to El Capitan? Is there a cost?

2) I don’t know if iLife is still a package or if I have to pay for Pages or Numbers but I have those on my iPhone. How does all that translate ?

3) do you think $100 was too much? It has a new battery new charger 4Gb ram and 160GB hdd

Any other tips or suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a MacBook (early 2009) that is running El Capitan, but I don’t recall there being a cost associated with it. When you get it, check for an update and see what it gives you. Pages, Numbers and iMovie are free, unless I’m mistaken. I’ve had them for so long to where I can’t recall. I know they’re free via the iCloud website.

As for the $100, if that’s all you paid for it then no, I don’t think you paid too much. Just know that although it can run El Capitan with 4 GB of RAM, it’s can be a strain on the system at times.

slooksterpsv

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Awesome. Thank you for the feedback. I still dabble with an old acer e3650 (I think) that has a single core amd sempron 2800+ and 3Gb of ram. I still like legacy tech. It’s amazing to see how far we’ve come.

My two daily PCs are an HP stream and dell XPS 8700 with an NVIDIA GtX 1050

slooksterpsv

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Sierra patch works great on it. I didn’t have a torx to replace the hard drive but over usb it took 15 min whereas it took over 40 min with the 160 go drive in it.

A good portion of apps I tried to install wouldn’t because I didn’t have Sierra. But now they work. Tech all I want is pages numbers GarageBand Xcode and visual studio :).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner