Switch from PC to MAC

jakobakapizzadude

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased the new Macbook Pro, but haven't received it yet. Since I've been working on a PC all my life, my MAC knowledge is limited to sporadic work on Ipads.
What I am curious about is, the switch from PC to MAC...is there something specific I should be aware of? I know there is quite a difference on how the two systems work, so what I am fishing for is probably some tips and tricks!

mrjayviper

May 22, 2015
Visit site
made the switch (work computer) and never looked back. Windows is much for suitable for what I do (software development that doesn't involve MS technologies)

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I use Windows as well as MBP.
Since I am a windows user, I had difficulty adjusting with OSX because my mind and habits were tuned with windows usage very well. So, my suggestion will be not to compare both the OS and have an open approach.

Since I use both the OS, I don't worry about any feature or app missing. I use whatever OS is best for me. I love my internet download manager app, it's the best and Mac doesn't have anything similar. Also, you will notice that lots of apps are free for windows, lots of free paid alternatives. Whereas the free alternative apps are limited for Mac.

I love Mac shortcuts, keyboard, emojis, and battery life ;)
I have PC and not a laptop - Use it for Gaming, certain app, primary data storage. (sometimes it's a bit pain to transfer data from mac to PC)

As of now, I can't depend entirely on single OS.

For iTunes and basic shortcuts and tips do invest 30 mins daily and watch youtube videos. This will help you a lot. Bookmark or make digital notes for important things, so that you can take a glance and revise it when in need :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77