Should I buy a MacBook for university?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraJayne2603

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking at the various MacBooks but don't know if they're for me.

I've got an iPad 2 at the minute but am interested in the MacBooks or possibly the iPad Pro.

I will be writing assignments and reading/downloading various books and papers. I've always used Microsoft and I'm not sure if my love for Apple should outweigh the practicality of Microsoft word.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking at the various MacBooks but don't know if they're for me.

I've got an iPad 2 at the minute but am interested in the MacBooks or possibly the iPad Pro.

I will be writing assignments and reading/downloading various books and papers. I've always used Microsoft and I'm not sure if my love for Apple should outweigh the practicality of Microsoft word.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you

The biggest deal breaker would be price. Macbook computers are known to be priced far higher than their similarly endowed Windows counterparts. As far as the operating system goes, there's no real disadvantages to either platform, it's more about what you are familiar with using.

I wouldn't consider the iPad Pro though. Considering the fact that you would probably need the keyboard which is another 100 to 169 depending on if you get a third party keyboard or the official smart keyboard.

Microsoft office is available on all platforms. However it's going to be far more usable on the Mac OS and Windows rather than on iOS.

Long story short, the iPad models that are currently available are great for many tasks, quick notes, keeping PDF files, using the browser to access various documents your university posts, scheduling and so on.

What they are not so great for is writing an essay. Granted I have written a 2000+ word essay using an iPad with a keyboard, It was more of a temporary use case scenario as I was doing a new install of Windows.

Hope that helps!

JBGem

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Get a macbook is a good idea. You are going to want a laptop for when you get assignments and taking notes in class

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
A couple of years ago, I also thought about this purchase. As a result, I took it, and already for 2 years I have been successfully using this device for studying. If you take it for basic needs, then it is very convenient. Worse if you need to install some additional programs for study.But generally, most often I use it to find the best research paper writing services. This is convenient because you need to read the review on the site (Spam link removed by Moderator) and choose the appropriate option for yourself. But for other purposes, too)

The post was originally about 3.5 years ago. I’m sure the OP decided one way or another, in fact they’re probably already just about completed their degree.

Although it would be really cool if the OP came back into the conversation and did a little retrospective on what they ended up choosing and how it has been working out for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234