Is it worth buying a MacBook for University?

Littaxx

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I am a second semester university student who is seeking to purchase a laptop for doing online homework, online classes, tutorials, ect. The thing is that I would like to purchase a MacBook since I need something that is light weight, and I have heard many good thingstuff about Apple computers (they don't get viruses, good battery life, ect.) Some of my friends have even suggested me to get a MacBook, but what I would really like to known is if it's really worth buying one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a second semester university student who is seeking to purchase a laptop for doing online homework, online classes, tutorials, ect. The thing is that I would like to purchase a MacBook since I need something that is light weight, and I have heard many good thingstuff about Apple computers (they don't get viruses, good battery life, ect.) Some of my friends have even suggested me to get a MacBook, but what I would really like to known is if it's really worth buying one?

To some people it is and to some people it isn't. Only you can determine if it's worth buying or not. Test one out at a nearby Best Buy, Apple Store or other retailer that sells MacBooks and then decide for yourself.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Suggest to check if you need to install apps locally on a computer for class(es). Some apps may not be made for macOS, or have fewer features than Windows counterparts.

allure08

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
the OP probably already made up their mind by now, but anyone interested in getting a macbook for college, well i would definitely recommend. It is so portable and small while still being powerful enough for school work.