MacBook 2016

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I need a laptop for school, should I buy the new MacBook or MacBook Pro? My main concern is battery life, portability, watching youtube videos and creating word documents and PowerPoint presentations

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I say the MacBook will best suit your needs. It is light weight, powerful enough for what you want to do, has good battery life. I also suggest looking at the refurbs available from Apple. Some really good deals available right now. They are like new or better, carry the same warranty, can have AppleCare added and you can save a couple hundreds dollars.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest the 12-inch MacBook of the two. With that said: you'd probably be fine with a 13-inch MacBook Air unless you really want the 12-inch system's Retina display or ultra-light weight.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Three things are stopping me from buying the MacBook Air: The non retina screen, clunky bezels and very bad speakers, and I spend most of my time watching YouTube videos so speakers really matter to me

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
My boss has passed his MacBook to me and I love it! The Retina screen really does make a difference and the 2016 model is definitely snappier when it comes to open ping documents. It is perhaps the most beautifully engineered device that Apple has made. I only type word docs and and look at a few spreadsheets so it is more than suitable for my needs. I would also recommend the entry level model - you can always take it back if you think you need more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2