iPad Killer

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
After having my 1.2/512GB rMB SG for a week now i have sold my iPad air 2 128gb. And just running with a iPhone 6 plus and rMP. Great combination. Bigger screen, really nice Keyboard, sits perfect on the lap, Battery similar, Speakers way better, much prefer using trackpad than touching the screen.
Just got to sell my 15" MBPr now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed your point in the first post...what makes it an iPad killer?

I mean obviously if a person prefers a laptop to a tablet, this would be a better choice overall...but what functionality does it have that makes it a better option for those who would normally prefer a tablet?

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I missed your point in the first post...what makes it an iPad killer?

I mean obviously if a person prefers a laptop to a tablet, this would be a better choice overall...but what functionality does it have that makes it a better option for those who would normally prefer a tablet?

Maybe i should of said for me it has become a iPad killer, for all the reasons i said in original post, i found the iPad is sort of a in no mans land device for me. I don't play games on a iPad so the rMBP has made it redundant for me. Plus anything i can do on a iPad can be done on my 6 plus. And anything i was doing on my iPad is way nicer on the rMB.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i should of said for me it has become a iPad killer, for all the reasons i said in original post, i found the iPad is sort of a in no mans land device for me. I don't play games on a iPad so the rMBP has made it redundant for me. Plus anything i can do on a iPad can be done on my 6 plus. And anything i was doing on my iPad is way nicer on the rMB.

Ok, that makes sense...as a personal preference I can understand why you would say such. The initial post seemed like a more general comparison, which didn't make much sense to me given how drastically different the two devices are side by side. You obviously had a preference for a laptop, making this a more optimal choice.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally I think of ipads as a complimentary device. I couldn't call a laptop an ipad killer because having a laptop wouldn't change what I have an ipad for. My macbook pro is all for productivity while my ipad is for browsing, reading, and short note taking.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think of ipads as a complimentary device. I couldn't call a laptop an ipad killer because having a laptop wouldn't change what I have an ipad for. My macbook pro is all for productivity while my ipad is for browsing, reading, and short note taking.

This thread is about the new rMP not the macbook pro, big difference in size and weight.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Apologies. My post was about the retina macbook pro as well. Sorry I left the retina part out. My post still applies as I think they fill different shoes. But that's a personal preference; you might have gotten an ipad to fill a computer type role, while I haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
This thread is about the new rMP not the macbook pro, big difference in size and weight.

Wait..you called it a rMP. What does the 'p' stand for? Makes me think you're talking about the Retina Macbook Pro. Do you mean the macbook with only one port?

Anyway, My post still applies as I think they fill different shoes. But that's a personal preference; you might have gotten an ipad to fill a computer type role or a computer to fill a tablet type role. Out of curiosity, what do you mostly use it for?

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Wait..you called it a rMP. What does the 'p' stand for? Makes me think you're talking about the Retina Macbook Pro. Do you mean the macbook with only one port?

Anyway, My post still applies as I think they fill different shoes. But that's a personal preference; you might have gotten an ipad to fill a computer type role or a computer to fill a tablet type role. Out of curiosity, what do you mostly use it for?

We are in the new macbook 2015 section, yes rMB , there is no rMP, my bad. I use it for everything that you would use a iPad and laptop for except games.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I could ever not have a tablet again. I use my tablet way more than my MacBook Pro. And yes, I know this is about the MacBook but I don't have a MacBook.

Sure, my iPhone can do everything my iPad can, but the larger screen makes it easier to use. And yeah, Macs also have a large screen, but they can't beat the iPad's battery life or portability. You can't walk around and use a MacBook at the same time. Not conveniently anyway.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't think I could ever not have a tablet again. I use my tablet way more than my MacBook Pro. And yes, I know this is about the MacBook but I don't have a MacBook.

Sure, my iPhone can do everything my iPad can, but the larger screen makes it easier to use. And yeah, Macs also have a large screen, but they can't beat the iPad's battery life or portability. You can't walk around and use a MacBook at the same time. Not conveniently anyway.

Battery life is the same as iPad air 2 and rMB charges faster, you can walk around with a rMB i do it all the time. No need for cases or stands, is way more convenient on your lap than a iPad. Speakers are way better no vibration.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is the same as iPad air 2 and rMB charges faster, you can walk around with a rMB i do it all the time. No need for cases or stands, is way more convenient on your lap than a iPad. Speakers are way better no vibration.

I've only seen people reporting about 7 hours on the MacBook, and I never even get as much as reviewers claim. Except on the iPad. I never get less than 10 hours on a charge on my iPad.

Sure, you can walk around and use a laptop at the same time, except that's extremely awkward and inconvenient.

And I don't use a case or a stand for my iPad. I also don't sit it on my lap unless I'm typing a long message in landscape.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've only seen people reporting about 7 hours on the MacBook, and I never even get as much as reviewers claim. Except on the iPad. I never get less than 10 hours on a charge on my iPad.

Sure, you can walk around and use a laptop at the same time, except that's extremely awkward and inconvenient.

And I don't use a case or a stand for my iPad. I also don't sit it on my lap unless I'm typing a long message in landscape.

You're not saying anything I disagree with. . . . I can't imagine life without my iPad mini. :heart:

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
You're not saying anything I disagree with. . . . I can't imagine life without my iPad mini. :heart:

If you bothered to read the first post you will see i am talking about a iPad air 2 not a mini, not sure how anyone can stand a mini with the poor colour gamut compared to a air.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Walking around with a iPad air is not that convenient either, not easy to type on either, unless you are talking about a mini which this thread is not about, besides anything you can do on a iPad can be done on a 6 plus easier, even watching a movie/netflix is better you get full screen no bars.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you bothered to read the first post you will see i am talking about a iPad air 2 not a mini, not sure how anyone can stand a mini with the poor colour gamut compared to a air.

I did read the first post. . . . I had a iPad 4 (sold it to purchase iPad mini) and my wife has an iPad Air, but I like the mini form factor better. The color has never been an issue for me.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought an iPad air 2 a couple of weeks ago and just returned it because I always found myself reaching for my rMBP instead. I just find it much more practical for my uses then an iPad.

Sent from my Galaxy S6.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Walking around with a iPad air is not that convenient either, not easy to type on either, unless you are talking about a mini which this thread is not about, besides anything you can do on a iPad can be done on a 6 plus easier, even watching a movie/netflix is better you get full screen no bars.

A lot more convenient than walking around trying to use a laptop. Tablets were made to be able to use it while you hold it. Laptops were made to use them on a surface. Typing is fine on the full sized iPad. That's what the split keyboard was designed for.

Anything you can do on an iPad is easier on an iPhone 6 Plus? Are you joking? Who cares about the black bars when the picture is several times larger than on the 6 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice