I am going to college this fall and I am unsure which macbook to buy. I am going to major in Zoology (like a Biology major) and i am not sure if I should get the macbook pro or macbook air. Money is not an issue, I just want to know which one will be better for my major and college life. Thanks!
    07-01-2014 06:00 PM
    As a zoology major, any Mac will be fine. Get the one you like.
    07-01-2014 06:16 PM
    If you're not planning on running any intensive programs or doing any heavy gaming, video editing ect, then the MBA should be sufficient for your needs. Since you're majoring in Zoology I would see what special programs(if any) you need to run on your computer and go from there. If all you need is a computer for web browsing, email, taking notes ect then the MBA is great for you.

Anything that requires more power then definitely get a MBP.
    Just_Me_D and Gabbe W like this.
    07-01-2014 06:18 PM
    I agree with Karen. Any Mac should be fine for your college needs...Congratulations, by the way...
    07-01-2014 08:37 PM
    Any Mac should be sufficient but like Beyond Fire said, make sure you check and see if there are any special programs you must run and what's specs those require
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-01-2014 08:46 PM
    Welcome to imore and congrats.
    07-02-2014 03:29 AM
    I am going to college this fall and I am unsure which macbook to buy. I am going to major in Zoology (like a Biology major) and i am not sure if I should get the macbook pro or macbook air. Money is not an issue, I just want to know which one will be better for my major and college life. Thanks!
    Which MacBook Pro are you thinking about getting? The cMBP or the rMBP (classic/retina incase you don't know). And which MacBook Air? I'd say stay away from the 11'.. I feel like it's a little on the small side. Coming from a netbook and a 13' MB while still being from college, I'd have to say that 13' is the better deal IMO. For which MacBook, totally depends if you would rather have more portability or more power. I'm not sure if you have to do any different programs than the regular college student (MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel), so that's why I ask. If you find out that you will only be using MS Office you're whole time then by all means get the MBA 13'.
    07-14-2014 08:54 AM