Questions about MacOS Ventura on Macbook pro 2020

xAppleFanx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello!
I'm new on the world of Mac. I own a Macbook pro 2020 M1 and here are a couple of questions I have.

1) Does the OS at some point updates itself like it happens on iOS and if so, then when does this happen? At what point in time?

2) If anyone owns the same Macbook as me, how does Ventura works now with the latest update? I know when it first released it came with some bugs like for example, some apps crashing but recently an update has been released. I wonder how it's been working for others since I'm tempted to update to Ventura but I'm not too sure so I'd love to know other opinions.

Thanks!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello!
I'm new on the world of Mac. I own a Macbook pro 2020 M1 and here are a couple of questions I have.

1) Does the OS at some point updates itself like it happens on iOS and if so, then when does this happen? At what point in time?

2) If anyone owns the same Macbook as me, how does Ventura works now with the latest update? I know when it first released it came with some bugs like for example, some apps crashing but recently an update has been released. I wonder how it's been working for others since I'm tempted to update to Ventura but I'm not too sure so I'd love to know other opinions.

Thanks!

Now the upgrade would leave you with version 13.01. I don't know of or see problems with several at work and at home at 13.x. You'll see the option in your system settings.

Before you update do these musts that apply with or without the upgrade. Back up your system, and have all your credentials for the system and cloud accounts in order. Patch your programs to latest versions ahead of the upgrade.

xAppleFanx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Now the upgrade would leave you with version 13.01. I don't know of or see problems with several at work and at home at 13.x. You'll see the option in your system settings.

Before you update do these musts that apply with or without the upgrade. Back up your system, and have all your credentials for the system and cloud accounts in order. Patch your programs to latest versions ahead of the upgrade.

Okay. And what about battery life? How's that going for you?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay. And what about battery life? How's that going for you?

All the M models have great battery life. There are a lot of technical reviews, video reviews, and Apple's own comparison info. You need to look at all that and decide. It could be at work or home, but all the M owning folks I know and support are happy with all the models.

If you have an earlier M Pro, you would have the one love or hate item that comes to mind that is the touch sensitive function keys. That needs to be your decision too because that is a love or hate feature with many.

xAppleFanx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
All the M models have great battery life. There are a lot of technical reviews, video reviews, and Apple's own comparison info. You need to look at all that and decide. It could be at work or home, but all the M owning folks I know and support are happy with all the models.

If you have an earlier M Pro, you would have the one love or hate item that comes to mind that is the touch sensitive function keys. That needs to be your decision too because that is a love or hate feature with many.

I know. I do love my M1 pro but my question is if by now, MacOS Ventura has somr sort of impact in the battery life or no.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner