Hey, its been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to ask for some help.

I've owned this 14" MBP for a month or so, and its been great, but one thing I notice is that when I try to scroll in Safari or Chrome it seems that my two finger gesture doesn't take or it just scrolls very little

I have little problems with the mouse, but I don't always have a mouse with me.
    08-23-2022 06:50 PM

I've owned this 14" MBP for a month or so, and its been great, but one thing I notice is that when I try to scroll in Safari or Chrome it seems that my two finger gesture doesn't take or it just scrolls very little

Is the problem limited to Safari and Chrome? In addition, what macOS is running on your MBP?
    08-23-2022 07:33 PM
    Is the problem limited to Safari and Chrome? In addition, what macOS is running on your MBP?
    Yeah it seems to be, I just double checked scrolling through the Finder and email. As for version I'm on 12.5.1.

The MBP came with Monterey, I'm not sure of anything prior would be compatible.

Let me expound on the issue a bit further. The two finger gesture does work, but sometimes the first try doesn't take, or scrolls a little, then subsequent gestures works. I stop to read or do something and it may return (or it may not, its intermittent )
    08-23-2022 07:59 PM
    Maflynn, I highly suggest opening a case with Apple Support. Only a month and a half since purchase means you are still in the beginning warranty window.
    If it wasn’t only on browsers I’d say the trackpad HW itself is having an issue. Yet it still could be hardware related, possibly, or it is software. Sometimes issues like this become known to Support even though it is effecting a tiny fraction of a percent of MB owners. They may already have a defined fix or you’ll be helping to urge a fix.

Personally I like to use the Apple Support app but you can also start a case here:
    https://support.apple.com/my-support
    08-24-2022 01:47 AM
    Thanks,
    I'll reach and see what happens
    08-24-2022 06:47 AM

So, how did you resolve it? I am facing something similar...
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-23-2022 08:06 AM
    I use both Safari and Chrome EVERY day during the week at work on my M1 MacBook Pro and I’ve yet to have any issues scrolling with them. Having said that, have you verified touchpad settings are correct?
    10-23-2022 08:48 AM
    I use both Safari and Chrome EVERY day during the week at work on my M1 MacBook Pro and I’ve yet to have any issues scrolling with them. Having said that, have you verified touchpad settings are correct?
    I reset Mac Pro and everything works fine. Still not sure what might have caused it to malfunction, but working for me now. Thanks!
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    10-23-2022 09:18 AM
    I reset Mac Pro and everything works fine. Still not sure what might have caused it to malfunction, but working for me now. Thanks!
    Excellent and thank you for following up sir.
    ervinjason likes this.
    10-23-2022 12:08 PM
    I've just resigned myself to use A mouse - Its not a huge hassle for me
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-09-2022 08:21 AM
    I've just resigned myself to use A mouse - Its not a huge hassle for me
    Same here. I use my tried and true Logitech M570 wireless trackball mouse.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-09-2022 08:54 AM