I’m new to the Mac OS scene and don’t know alot about how to keep my MacBook Pro running at peak performance. What is the best all around maintenance app I can buy?
    08-17-2022 12:47 PM
    You really don’t need an App to maintain your Mac, nor do you have to carry out anything like defragging it.
    Just_Me_D, Ed7789 and scruffypig like this.
    08-17-2022 01:48 PM
    You really don’t need an App to maintain your Mac, nor do you have to carry out anything like defragging it.
    I agree. If anything, shutdown a resource hog like Chrome on occasion. Other than that, macOS manages itself really well in my experience.
    phlamethrowre and scruffypig like this.
    08-17-2022 02:10 PM
    The biggest maintenance that I do on my Mac is exit any app I’m not actively using.

Sometimes, I review the apps that start on login in System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login Items… but that’s because I’m very picky!

Beyond that, I don’t do a whole lot.
    Just_Me_D and scruffypig like this.
    08-18-2022 12:27 AM
    Thanks for the input. I’ve always had Windows laptops so I’m accustomed to maintaining them.
    08-18-2022 09:39 AM
    I agree. If anything, shutdown a resource hog like Chrome on occasion. Other than that, macOS manages itself really well in my experience.
    I’m not using Chrome. Just Safari.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-18-2022 09:39 AM
    The biggest maintenance that I do on my Mac is exit any app I’m not actively using.

Sometimes, I review the apps that start on login in System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login Items… but that’s because I’m very picky!

Beyond that, I don’t do a whole lot.
    If you are new to Macs, you should explore Mission Control and space using gestures. It’s in the system preferences. Should make using your new Mac a bit more fun.

You don’t really need to maintain macs.
    08-18-2022 10:31 AM
    I'm not saying you need to have to it, everyone is right, MacOS handles itself fine but if you are looking for a trusted app (and not just junkware) to get deeper into maintenance options, then you should consider Clean My Mac.

Its always been handy for me to delete caches, restore space and keep things clean. Plus, using the uninstaller process is much better with Clean My Mac as it removes leftover files from apps. Granted, other apps can do that for free. You don't really need Clean My Mac for that.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-23-2022 03:47 PM