MacBook Pro maintenance app?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’m new to the Mac OS scene and don’t know alot about how to keep my MacBook Pro running at peak performance. What is the best all around maintenance app I can buy?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
You really don’t need an App to maintain your Mac, nor do you have to carry out anything like defragging it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You really don’t need an App to maintain your Mac, nor do you have to carry out anything like defragging it.

I agree. If anything, shutdown a resource hog like Chrome on occasion. Other than that, macOS manages itself really well in my experience.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The biggest maintenance that I do on my Mac is exit any app I’m not actively using.

Sometimes, I review the apps that start on login in System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login Items… but that’s because I’m very picky!

Beyond that, I don’t do a whole lot.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The biggest maintenance that I do on my Mac is exit any app I’m not actively using.

Sometimes, I review the apps that start on login in System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login Items… but that’s because I’m very picky!

Beyond that, I don’t do a whole lot.

If you are new to Macs, you should explore Mission Control and space using gestures. It’s in the system preferences. Should make using your new Mac a bit more fun.

You don’t really need to maintain macs.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying you need to have to it, everyone is right, MacOS handles itself fine but if you are looking for a trusted app (and not just junkware) to get deeper into maintenance options, then you should consider Clean My Mac.

Its always been handy for me to delete caches, restore space and keep things clean. Plus, using the uninstaller process is much better with Clean My Mac as it removes leftover files from apps. Granted, other apps can do that for free. You don't really need Clean My Mac for that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711