How do you all feel about the notch?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
this is the first time ever that I hear someone saying that a notch was made bigger because it looks better that way.

I never a said that .

It’s as large as it need to be to double the resolution of the camera to 1080p including a larger image sensor and a new 4 element lens with a wider f/2.0 aperture in an extremely thin enclosure that’s a couple of mm’s thick. . (Not to mention the ambient light sensor, True Tone sensor and an led.)

It’s the one on the far end
f0f5fb1697a7129c5532c53e5a1f3eec.jpg

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I never a said that .

It’s as large as it need to be to double the resolution of the camera to 1080p including a larger image sensor and a new 4 element lens with a wider f/2.0 aperture in an extremely thin enclosure that’s a couple of mm’s thick. . (Not to mention the ambient light sensor, True Tone sensor and an led.)

It’s the one on the far end
well that sounds a little different than "If they made it any smaller it would look pretty funny" :)

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hitlers mustache , no thanks.

Some prefer the reality notch.
So you did in fact mean it, a smaller notch would look strange, funny, weird?
Which, in return, means, they made it bigger to look less strange, funny, weird (besides some suspected potential technical requirements)?
Well, Ted Lasso and his comparably gigantic mustache are for sure the more likable choice for a notch model, if that is how design decisions are made :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So you did in fact mean it, a smaller notch would look strange, funny, weird?
Which, in return, means, they made it bigger to look less strange, funny, weird (besides some suspected potential technical requirements)?
Well, Ted Lasso and his comparably gigantic mustache are for sure the more likable choice for a notch model, if that is how design decisions are made :)

giphy.gif

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
At a week and a day, nothing about the notch has bothered me yet.

If I have any bothers, my inner cheapskate wants a same RAM and storage Air but I've had my new 14 inch Pro on same table as 5-7 other new, late model and premium laptops. The display quality alone make me want to keep it. First there's the tone. After that just enough more size and space to make a difference for more tedious work I do.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
John Gruber of Daring Fireball hit the nail on its head for me on his latest The Talk Show. He says that we were conditioned to ignore the menu bar and stare into the rectangle in the middle, and I agree with him 100%. I barely notice the menu bar in day-to-day use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox