I bought an intel MacBook Pro last August (2020). The charge count is 55 now. According to Coconut Battery, the capacity has dropped about 12%.

I couldn't tell you how long the battery really lasts based on the way I use the laptop.

Question: Should I go to apple with this before warranty expires and see what is said? Apple says battery typically should be replaced about 80%, correct? Probably would hit 80% at 100 cycles? Who knows. Isn't the rated cycled count something like 1000 for these Mac's? It somewhat seems there is a problem with the battery and I would not like to avoid using apple care for something that seems like it should be a warranty issue. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just looking for thoughts/opinions on the matter.
    06-12-2021 09:53 PM
    Hi,

Battery degradation will depend on computer use. A heavily used computer’s battery will degrade much faster than a lightly used one.

Also, a fully charged or discharged lithium-ion battery will degrade much faster than one that stays between 50% and 80%.

Apple offers a series of tips for prolonging the battery’s lifespan: https://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/m...formance/#mn_p

Personally, 55 cycles might be right, but I find that 12% degradation is a little bit high, but all depends on what you do.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-12-2021 10:53 PM
    Thanks for the info. I agree. The 55 seems fine. I just didn't expect 12% either. Wasn't really sure what would be somewhat typical at this many cycles. Maybe I'll just make an apt at an apple store and show them and see what is said.
    06-14-2021 12:10 AM