What is Alternative to Time Capsule! ( search for new backup solution )

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
as all of you know and aware about that apple discontinued Airport Devices like Airport Express, Extreme and specially very useful backup drive (time capsule).

since that we have facing issue with macbook backups
its been challenging to find alternative backup option like time capsule given (i can restore or changeover my new macbook like carbon copy )

so searching for new backup solution like NAS or any other Hardware option which will working like time capsule scenario , also can restore my backup include ( user application other files & folders system & network settings)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
as all of you know and aware about that apple discontinued Airport Devices like Airport Express, Extreme and specially very useful backup drive (time capsule).

since that we have facing issue with macbook backups
its been challenging to find alternative backup option like time capsule given (i can restore or changeover my new macbook like carbon copy )

so searching for new backup solution like NAS or any other Hardware option which will working like time capsule scenario , also can restore my backup include ( user application other files & folders system & network settings)

My Time Capsule stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

I chose to replace it with a Synology DS420j and three 2TB drives, also reusing the drive that was in my Time Capsule. It does what I want it to do and a little bit more: Time Machine Backups, iSCSI and, as a bonus, UPS server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll