Is there an SSD enclosure for a 2017 MBP SSD?

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my 256gb SSD with a 512gb SSD. It wasn't until after I had made the swap and closed everything up and installed Mac OS that I remembered I didn't make a copy of the original SSD. Does anyone know if anyone makes an enclosure for this type of SSD that I can get for data migration? I really don't want to have to install the original SSD just to copy all the data. OWC doesn't have anything. Chatting with Apple Support, they told me that the drive isn't removable. Actually, it is, they confirmed, but they don't recommend any changes to original parts and can't help. Looking for some guidance from those who are smarter and remember to copy their drives before replacing them.

mushroom_daddy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Try Transcend, which you can also purchase through Amazon. Last time I did an SSD upgrade on my MacBook Air I used one of their Jet kits, which came with an enclosure for the old SSD.
From a quick look at the web site they do appear to sell some enclosures separately, but you would need to check with them whether they have one to fit your MacBook Pro SSD. Good luck!

https://www.transcend-info.com/product/ssd

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW