MBP 2017 vs MBA 2020

talberry

Mar 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys!

I just saw that the new MBA is released soon and it looks really great (Especially the keyboard and the price!)

I'm currently on the MBP 2017, and the battery doesn't seem as great, and my trackpad is a little iffy. Other than that, it still runs fine.

So I'm wondering what you folks think... Should I go ahead to get the new MBA or wait for the MBP 2020 (But I'm not sure when it'll be out)

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your 2017 MBP still runs fine and can easily run the latest macOS so it seems you simply want a new MacBook even though you don’t need it. If that’s the case then go ahead and make the purchase.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have kind of wondered similar. I also have a 2017 core i5 macbook pro that has some apple care still on it. Thought about looking at the MBA i5 model. Core clock speed goes down. How much would that impact performance? Some maybe? Not sure. The only times I really notice something slow is launching office or starting up parallels/windows to run those apps. I don't have any issues. Other than the new keyboard, I'm not sure i would gain much if anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro