Macbook Pro 13-inch (2017)

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

About mid July 2019 . I purchased a Macbook Pro just to see how I would like it. I have not had a laptop before and did not need the newest model of laptops. It does have a 3 year Apple care warranty .

But unfortunately something went wrong with it the first week of December 2019.

What happened was I just turned it off. It was working fine when I turned it off but I do like to turn things off once in awhile. It would not boot up, it started to but then screen would go almost black , but could still tell it was on and heard the fans running. I researched and tried to fix it but never could get it restored, or in safe mode or anything reset.So I had to contact Apple and take it to get repaired.

I got it back about a week ago it just took a couple days to get it repaired which was quicker then I thought it would be.

My question is . Is there a known issue for this model or just bad luck ? The Macbook is my only apple device I am not real knowledgeable about.

I think it has the butterfly keyboard but that has not been an issue.

Below are the screen shots showing the description of what I mentioned above , and the repairs the were made as well. So far no more issues with but more out of curiosity then anything, since this happened so soon with little use and only a couple of apps that were not pre-installed on it .

Thanks

Attachments

• MacbookProProblem.jpg
    MacbookProProblem.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • edited macinfo.JPG
    edited macinfo.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro (non-toolbar) model and I’ve yet to experience anything like that. Hopefully, what you encountered was just a one-time thing.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro (non-toolbar) model and I’ve yet to experience anything like that. Hopefully, what you encountered was just a one-time thing.

Yeah that's what I am hoping it was. The one I have does not have the touch bar / touch ID