So I got my MBP 16 (i7 version) a week ago and used it extensively since then.
    I am generally very happy with it. The screen is gorgeous, and the heat management really got improved (I can use it on my lap without getting burned).
    However, it feels like my typing failure rate has not improved, coming from a 2018 15" MBP.
    I wonder, did I only get sloppy with typing while using the 15" - or is the KB accuracy of the 16" not that much better? I'm still missing certain letters from time to time. No double typings yet though. To me, the KB feels a little better than on the butterfly models, but not very significantly.

I hope it's my limited typing skills only. Other new 16" owners please report on your KB experiences.
    11-24-2019 03:00 PM
    The accuracy of the keyboard is based on your accuracy at typing. The keys cannot press themselves. With that being said, once you've had the new MacBook Pro for a while, I'm sure you will adjust well enough to improve your typing on its keyboard.
    11-24-2019 03:14 PM
    The accuracy of the keyboard is based on your accuracy at typing. The keys cannot press themselves. With that being said, once you've had the new MacBook Pro for a while, I'm sure you will adjust well enough to improve your typing on its keyboard.
    Well, I’m sure you read all the reports on the limited reliability of the butterfly keyboards, leading to omission of letters or double/triple typing?
    This is what I referred to.
    Therefore I would appreciate getting reports from real owners/users of the 16”, not just assumptions like “I’m sure it’s better” as in many first look videos and reports.
    And if the vast majority of real users tells that there is in fact improvement in accuracy (in the sense as described above), I’ll be very happily acknowledge my bad typing skills and try to further improve.
    11-25-2019 06:35 AM
    Well, I’m sure you read all the reports on the limited reliability of the butterfly keyboards, leading to omission of letters or double/triple typing?
    This is what I referred to.
    Therefore I would appreciate getting reports from real owners/users of the 16”, not just assumptions like “I’m sure it’s better” as in many first look videos and reports.
    And if the vast majority of real users tells that there is in fact improvement in accuracy (in the sense as described above), I’ll be very happily acknowledge my bad typing skills and try to further improve.
    I wasn't trying to be mean or trying to offend you or anything. As an owner of a 2017 MacBook Pro, I know what it's like typing on a butterfly keyboard. As someone who learned how to type on an actual typewriter, I was basically saying that once you've adjusted, your accuracy will improve.
    But hey, I don't own a 2016 model so, as you've requested, I'll step aside and let those who do reply. Take care...
    11-25-2019 08:34 PM
    But hey, I don't own a 2016 model so, as you've requested, I'll step aside and let those who do reply. Take care...
    Just to clarify: I'm looking for 2019 MacBook Pro 16.5" - experiences, not from 2016 MBP versions (probably just a a typo, sorry).

And more clarification: I wish, I hope (and I almost believe) that the 16.5" KB is better/more reliable than the older butterfly versions. All I want is to get some real life user experiences.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-26-2019 06:30 AM