16” MacBook Pro

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone thinking about buying the new 16”? The price seems good. I don’t know about anything else. I just bought a 15” one back in March 2019. I got a 2018 one from the Apple refurbished store. I’m not looking on buying another one.

I’d like to see some YouTuber put 64 RAM on one. 8TB of storage? Are you kidding?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone thinking about buying the new 16”? The price seems good. I don’t know about anything else. I just bought a 15” one back in March 2019. I got a 2018 one from the Apple refurbished store. I’m not looking on buying another one.

I’d like to see some YouTuber put 64 RAM on one. 8TB of storage? Are you kidding?

I’m not. My 2017 MacBook Pro still feels new and is still more than sufficient for my needs.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think I’ll upgrade to the 16” MBP from my 2017 15” MBP. I tend to not upgrade my MBP for 2-5 years.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so but it's nothing against the product evolution. I never used my i7 loaded 15" as much as I expected and hardly after having a 12" MacBook and Retina iMac. It looks like a great product for what it is.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm waiting for mine to ship.
I'm replacing my 2018 15", but not because of not liking it. Actually I do. But bigger screen, better keyboard and better heat management are the features I can't wait to have.
I know it is not reasonable to buy a product while no serious reviews are out. Now I keep my fingers crossed that it delivers and fulfills my expectations.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I ended up selling my 2018 earlier this year and going back to my 2015 simply because I couldn't pretend that I liked the butterfly keyboard anymore. I know some people are fine with it, but it was just so uncomfortable for me to type on, I absolutely hated it.

I immediately ordered the new 16" model and received it yesterday. I couldn't be happier with the keyboard and am glad I sold my 2018 earlier this year so I didn't lose hardly anything on it. Anyway, if you are in the market for a new machine, this MacBook Pro is fantastic.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I ended up selling my 2018 earlier this year and going back to my 2015 simply because I couldn't pretend that I liked the butterfly keyboard anymore. I know some people are fine with it, but it was just so uncomfortable for me to type on, I absolutely hated it.

I immediately ordered the new 16" model and received it yesterday. I couldn't be happier with the keyboard and am glad I sold my 2018 earlier this year so I didn't lose hardly anything on it. Anyway, if you are in the market for a new machine, this MacBook Pro is fantastic.

Congrats, Enjoy!

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

What specs did you get? Did you max out the RAM?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one and picked it up last Friday 11/15 at Apple in Lynnwood WA, got the 1TB / I9 model. It's my first Macbook Pro. I am switching over from an HP Spectre 360 15.6" laptop. I already have all the iOS products (iPhone / Watch / iPad Pro) and Apple TV 4K and 3 Homepods, so figured it's about time. I have not got Apple Care yet, will wait until after the 1st and a new paycheck. Having trouble with some software though (Snagit / EmCient Email) locking the Macbook. Seems it's not yet fully compatible on the latest version of Catalina.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
We're switching from the 27" iMac (2017) to the brand-new 16" MacBook Pros at my job. I'm looking forward to the idea of being able to possibly use my iMac (2013) as a second monitor via Target Display Mode (praying that it's even possible to do).

JT2050

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I tend to upgrade when I start to "feel" the machine is in my way and I have exhausted all other possible fixes. The new 16" looks like they have fixed a lot of niggling problems and will probably be a good refurb buy in a year or two.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234