Hi
    I have been using MacBook Pro for many years, and currently I have a MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar late 2018, model number MR9Q2H/A. Recently I ordered the new MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar, model number MUHP2H/A, and I thought this one was better. But from what I can see, they use the same 8. generation processor, and the one I have at the moment, actually has a faster processor. I also has Intel Iris Graphics Plus 655 instead of Intel Iris Graphics Plus 645.

So my question, have I bought myself a "downgrade" and should rather stick to the old one? Or is the new machine faster and better in some way?

Thanks for all answers
    11-10-2019 02:08 AM
    Hi
    I have been using MacBook Pro for many years, and currently I have a MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar late 2018, model number MR9Q2H/A. Recently I ordered the new MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar, model number MUHP2H/A, and I thought this one was better. But from what I can see, they use the same 8. generation processor, and the one I have at the moment, actually has a faster processor. I also has Intel Iris Graphics Plus 655 instead of Intel Iris Graphics Plus 645.

So my question, have I bought myself a "downgrade" and should rather stick to the old one? Or is the new machine faster and better in some way?

Thanks for all answers
    In my opinion, you should not need to upgrade a MacBook Pro for several years. I currently use a 2015 MacBook Air at work and it is still a beast. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro (non-Touch Bar) for personal use and I have no intention of upgrading it for at least 5 years. The MacBook Pro line is designed and built for years of use and support so save your money and continue using your powerful current MBP.
    Annie_8plus and torbjornhb like this.
    11-10-2019 08:59 AM
    Thanks . I know they are, but the question is if it's a downgrade or an upgrade...
    11-10-2019 09:10 AM
    Thanks í ½í¹‚. I know they are, but the question is if it's a downgrade or an upgrade...
    In your situation, it appears to be a downgrade.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    11-10-2019 09:18 AM
    Thanks .
    Then I'll stick to the old one. It just seemed to be an upgrade because it was a newer model, and mine isn't even in sale anymore. But they use the same processor, but the on my old one is faster.
    11-10-2019 09:20 AM