I ordered the i7 a few days ago. Nothing extra. I feel at the current price, for $350 more is the i9 worth it? I want future proofing. I will mostly just be doing music production through logic and ableton. But possibly video editing.

I just dont want an inferior machine. I will gladly cancel the i7 for the i9 if I can just get some reviews. There's not too much out. Is the new 8-core i9 have the over heating issue still? Any other issues present? Thanks a lot everyone
    09-26-2019 10:40 AM
    I ordered the i7 a few days ago. Nothing extra. I feel at the current price, for $350 more is the i9 worth it? I want future proofing. I will mostly just be doing music production through logic and ableton. But possibly video editing.

I just dont want an inferior machine. I will gladly cancel the i7 for the i9 if I can just get some reviews. There's not too much out. Is the new 8-core i9 have the over heating issue still? Any other issues present? Thanks a lot everyone
    Measure your resources usage with the system you have now. Spend money on features to fix performance bottlenecks but I'm not going to complain if you do overkill. I have Apple and Intel stock in my retirement account.
    09-26-2019 07:09 PM

I was thinking the same but I wanted the Radeon Pro Vega 20 so I had to get the i9 for that. I suggest you go for it as the price difference is small and also it has better performance, more future proof, and easier to sell in the future.
    09-28-2019 11:06 AM
    I was thinking the same but I wanted the Radeon Pro Vega 20 so I had to get the i9 for that. I suggest you go for it as the price difference is small and also it has better performance, more future proof, and easier to sell in the future.
    I bought the 2018 15” i 7. I didn’t get the i 9 because last year’s it wasn’t worth it money wise. At least that’s what AppleInsider was saying. I got the 32gb RAM & the Vega 20.

Things might be different this year with the i 9. Unless you need the i 9, than get the upgrade on the RAM and the Vega 20.
    09-30-2019 07:57 AM
    I bought the 2018 15” i 7. I didn’t get the i 9 because last year’s it wasn’t worth it money wise. At least that’s what AppleInsider was saying. I got the 32gb RAM & the Vega 20.

Things might be different this year with the i 9. Unless you need the i 9, than get the upgrade on the RAM and the Vega 20.
    Update

I checked the Apple app. You’re right. You have to get the i 9 in order to get the Vega 20. Look at your money situation. Unless you get Apple refurbished from 2018, you’re going to have no choice but to get the i 9 model. Hope you have enough for the RAM upgrade. The increased RAM seems to work for me with the Vega 20.

Let us know what you decide on.
    Ultra Male likes this.
    09-30-2019 08:01 AM