Advice on portable USB-C monitor

MuruXD

Feb 17, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

I have a maxed out Macbook Pro 13" (2017 Model), and I'm thinking about buying a portable USB-C monitor for doing extra work or watching videos and stuff like that, and I have 2 models in mind.

First is ASUS MB169C+ and second is AOC I1601FWUX.

I don't seem to find any big difference between them beside the price, so I was wondering if anyone could give me an advice on which one I should go for and why? Remember, I'm not doing to do games or anything like that on the monitor, the most "demanding" thing would just be watching 1080p videos.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why not just buy an adapter/hub and then get yourself a less expensive hdmi monitor?

MuruXD

Feb 17, 2019
Visit site
Having a HDMI monitor means that it needs power as well... and I don't want to have extra power cable with me. I prefer being able to just use one cable (USB-C) for everything.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’ve seen a ASUS at Best Buy and I’m not sure if this is the same one your talking about. LG has some good ones too. I haven’t bought one yet but I’m looking for a 4K monitor. Make sure it’s MAC compatible. A lot of monitors that I’ve seen are for Windows only. Some are for both windows and Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit