Looking for refurbished MBP

tubbes

Feb 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a refurbished Macbook Pro, and I'd like to know if Apple is the best way to go, or should I shop around? Just interested in the pros/cons, I guess.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple is going to be the best from a quality standpoint because they warranty their refurbs, they’re certified by Apple itself, and they contain brand new OEM batteries. That being said, you can probably get one cheaper from a third party but you’re likely not going to get the benefits of buying direct from the manufacturer.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Also your eligible for AppleCare. I don’t think you can get this from anyone else. Take that into consideration when your shopping around. You might find a lower price now but you also have to think ahead if something goes wrong later one.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a brand new one today from Best Buy, but I do know they sell good refurbs there as well, if you still haven't found one yet. I know this thread is a month old.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I got my refurbished one Thursday 3/21/19 at the Apple store. I wouldn’t buy refurbished from anywhere else except Apple. They replace the outer shell and the battery. I don’t think anyone else does that. Plus they make sure nothing else wrong with it.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my refurbished one Thursday 3/21/19 at the Apple store. I wouldn’t buy refurbished from anywhere else except Apple. They replace the outer shell and the battery. I don’t think anyone else does that. Plus they make sure nothing else wrong with it.

Got to say you’re right. Got mine at bestbuy and it was no where near refurbished! But I did replace the hdd, memory, and today got the battery. It worked out great though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro