External GPU

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone using an eGPU with their MacBook Pros? I’ve been looking at the Razor Core X that sells for $300. The only bad thing is that you have to buy your own graphics card for it. Good thing is later on you can replace it with a better one if you want.

I’ve seen Apple’s Blackmagic one and the problem with that one is it can’t be upgraded. It’s quiet, looks great, especially with a space gray MacBook Pro, but you can’t go inside it and switch out the graphics card and replace it.

What I’m seeing on the difference between the two is the cost altogether is about the same. Problem is later on you can’t upgrade the Blackmagic like you can the Razor. I think the graphic cards are the same, but Apple will probably help you more with the brand they sell more than the other one, the Razor.

Any suggestions or advice?

I’m also wondering if I made a almost similar post like this before.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What I took away from reading the article below, is that if your Mac supports the eGPU hardware and software requirements, and have an app(s) that will benefit from eGPU, then it may be worth the investment. There are other sites that have reviews and recommendations that may help.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73