Hanging off until after the event. But I am moving to apple....yet again.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Well,

I have decided its time to move on from windows once and for all. I have tried three other times but cannot get used to using MacOS and how everything works backwards compared to what I am used too. I use all apple for everything else and just want a cohesive seamless experience.

I am hoping that they release a new cinema monitor soon, I will move all my dell stuff out the door and get apple in my office. Now, with MacOS embracing IOS apps, it should make everything flow better too. I have to move all my files to icloud as well. I am deeply embedded in windows services at the moment and will have to spend some time moving everything across from OneDrive to icloud. But once done, everything will flow much better. I also have to spend some time with apple on the phone to figure out how to share my files etc with my wife as well.

For our new macbooks I am getting her a lower spec 12" macbook (or new air), and I am getting a 13" macbook pro with touchbar. There is no monitor as good as my 27" cinema monitor I had but I moved it when I moved back to windows last time. This time I am just going to keep at it, and learn the OS and get comfortable with it. I need the "everything just works together" system now.

Microsoft has been pushing me away as of late with their total lack of quality control of their software, pushing me to iPhone from my awesome nokia 1020 (best phone I have ever owned), as well as now If I have files downloaded from my one drive, after a certian amount of time, they get deleted from my computer. OR onedrive. Who are they to tell me what to do with my files.

Moving will be a breath of smoke at first but after getting used to everything I am sure it will be smooth sailing.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side.

Been using MacOS for a couple of years and I can't see going back to Winders.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I am at that point too Lee. They have made a mess of what they were working towards since Nadella took over. I am sick of the half baked testing team called insiders. I am ready to move now. I just have to decide is the touchbar worth the price of admission or just forgo that and get a new air in similar spec for portability.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side.

Been using MacOS for a couple of years and I can't see going back to Winders.

Same here. Some of my colleagues use Windows, and when I watch them do things on it, I shake my head am so glad I use a Mac. What’s crazy about it is that in the past, I knew the Windows OS like the back of my hand...

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I switched 3 times before, and kept going back. This time however, I am going to take my time. Use the apple computer for awhile and get used to it.

torbach1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm now debating the 13 pro with touchbar, or a new air. Is the touchbar really that useful?

I’m also in that boat now. My 2016 MBP with its terrible battery life is going to someone else at work who doesn’t need to be as portable as I do. I’m using the new Air for now.

I’ve been watching a lot of reviews and almost all of them say I’d be foolish to get the Air given the price difference with the 2018 MBP 13” ($200 the way I have it specced).

But I’m going to use the Air for at least a week to decide. Yesterday I stopped at the Apple store where they had the new Air right next to the MBP 13.

I know the difference in weight is only 0.25lbs, but it feels big when you compare them side by side. I honestly don’t need the extra 200 nits brightness I get from the MBP. I may need the quad core i5, but for now I’m continuing with the Air. I prefer it’s sloped keyboard, which is more comfortable, and I prefer its battery life, which so far is insanely good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice