I'm planning on getting the 2017 model MacBook Pro 13 with 16GB ram, 512GB storage, and an i5 processor. It'll cost $1,849 total, tax included. Is there anything I should be aware of? Like special promotions or deals that are going on right now. I'm trying not to spend more than $2000 dollars. Thanks!
    05-05-2018 12:15 AM
    Check Best Buy & MicroCenter, and QVC.com. They always have promotions going on.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    05-05-2018 05:29 AM
    Check Best Buy & MicroCenter, and QVC.com. They always have promotions going on.
    Yeah..not qvc so much...they usually don’t have fully decked out stuff available.. at least not that I’ve seen when I’m thumbing thru channels.. usually to get what u want like that u gotta go to Apple... I’m considering pulling the trigger myself on either an Air i7-512gb or MBP... never had an Apple computer.. last one I really worked on was an Apple IIe+...lol
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    05-05-2018 06:38 PM
    I'm planning on getting the 2017 model MacBook Pro 13 with 16GB ram, 512GB storage, and an i5 processor. It'll cost $1,849 total, tax included. Is there anything I should be aware of? Like special promotions or deals that are going on right now. I'm trying not to spend more than $2000 dollars. Thanks!
    Definitely check out Best Buy. I purchased my 2017 MacBook Pro (non-Touchbar model) from Best Buy. Heck, a couple of weeks ago, Best Buy had it on sale for $150 less than what I paid.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    05-05-2018 08:02 PM
    What about B&H Photo/Video? They have the macs selling around the Apple student pricing discount price, and they don't charge any tax if you ship to states outside of New York and New Jersey. I feel like buying from places like Best Buy will end up costing me about the same or more after taxes.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-05-2018 09:18 PM
    What about B&H Photo/Video? They have the macs selling around the Apple student pricing discount price, and they don't charge any tax if you ship to states outside of New York and New Jersey. I feel like buying from places like Best Buy will end up costing me about the same or more after taxes.
    Go for it!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-05-2018 09:40 PM
    Check out apple’s refurbished website. I bought my MacBook Pro in October from there. It has 16gb ram and 512 storage and is a June 2017 version wit i5 chip. $1609 is what I paid, then I bought AppleCare. I have had zero issues and I love my refurbished MacBook.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-05-2018 10:00 PM
    Yeah..not qvc so much...they usually don’t have fully decked out stuff available.. at least not that I’ve seen when I’m thumbing thru channels.. usually to get what u want like that u gotta go to Apple... I’m considering pulling the trigger myself on either an Air i7-512gb or MBP... never had an Apple computer.. last one I really worked on was an Apple IIe+...lol
    I don’t normally watch the channel but I’ve picked up some great deals on electronics on the website.

That sounds like a plan too!
    05-05-2018 10:16 PM
    What about B&H Photo/Video?
    I've purchased from them on occasion, and found their pricing to be quite competitive and I've been happy with their customer support.
    05-06-2018 08:13 AM
    I ended up getting the 13 inch pro from B&H. The keyboard will take some getting used to, but I really like how it feels.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-15-2018 03:35 PM
    I ended up getting the 13 inch pro from B&H. The keyboard will take some getting used to, but I really like how it feels.
    Congratulations, sir......I’m glad you are liking your new MBP.
    05-15-2018 03:48 PM
    Congratulations, sir......I’m glad you are liking your new MBP.
    Thanks. I'm just having some issues adjusting. I like the feeling of the keyboard but its gonna take some getting used to.
    05-15-2018 08:53 PM
    Thanks. I'm just having some issues adjusting. I like the feeling of the keyboard but its gonna take some getting used to.
    Adjusting how? Adjusting to macOS? Adjusting to the MousePad? If you're switching over from Windows, check out some of the tips found via the below link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204216
    05-16-2018 05:31 PM
    Adjusting how? Adjusting to macOS? Adjusting to the MousePad? If you're switching over from Windows, check out some of the tips found via the below link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204216
    The keyboard. It's just taking a lot of effort to type words. I have to be a little more deliberate.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-16-2018 07:44 PM
    The keyboard. It's just taking a lot of effort to type words. I have to be a little more deliberate.
    Oh okay. I understand.
    05-16-2018 08:00 PM
    I picked up an open box 13" mb pro from bestbuy. I am convinced that this computer was marked at this price because someone in the store was going to purchase it. It was marked as satisfactory condition. When I looked at it, there was a single scratch dent or mark except for a very tiny tiny tiny ding in a corner that I noticed after 2 days of trying to see why it was only marked for $1034. Hell of a find I bet the poor ******* at bestbuy was pissed. No one wanted to show me this open box when I asked about it. They showed me every other open box except this one hahaha.
    Today 01:55 AM