Macbook Pro LCD Error

anpaman

Feb 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi all

My sister owned new Macbook Pro bought few months ago. Few days ago suddenly the LCD got error. All the screen became white. When she claim warranty the apple service center said it was void caused there are crack in below the LCD.

She was sure it was never drop it and just placed it at table. She like to make the Macbook Pro in sleep condition and never shutdown it. WhenI touching the crack are there are bit warm.

You could see the crack in here :

https://imagez.to/i/ofDNNYX4.jpg

Does caused of sleep in long period of time caused the crack and error ?

Thank

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

My sister owned new Macbook Pro bought few months ago. Few days ago suddenly the LCD got error. All the screen became white. When she claim warranty the apple service center said it was void caused there are crack in below the LCD.

She was sure it was never drop it and just placed it at table. She like to make the Macbook Pro in sleep condition and never shutdown it. WhenI touching the crack are there are bit warm.

You could see the crack in here :

https://imagez.to/i/ofDNNYX4.jpg

Does caused of sleep in long period of time caused the crack and error ?

Thank

First I will start by saying that in no way am I disputing what your sister is saying about dropping her MBP. There is no way that when the MBP is in sleep mode that the crack in the LCD could have happened. I can't tell you how it happened either. But it will not be covered under warranty and your sister is going to have to pay to have it replaced. Sorry I couldn't offer you better news.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Having managed a number of devices over the years, to me that looks very much like an impact mark. Something very tiny, like maybe the back of an earring, could have fallen between the monitor and body.

Now, like @firedept10 said, I'm not disputing what was said, I'm just offering what it looks like to me from years of device management.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods