Backlight Bleed on 2017 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

sagar.vijay

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro with touch bar about two weeks back. I think I'm seeing some backlight bleed on the screen. It'll be of great help if you guys can see the pictures and tell me if it indeed is backlight bleed and if I should go in and ask for a replacement. The pictures I've clicked are with 100% screen brightness with a completely black background.

20171001_153546120_iOS.jpg

20170930_192108675_iOS.jpg

BurisKegen

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, you are not alone. Same problem with my MacBook Pro 15" 2017. I got replacement and guess what, new one comes with Backlight bleed too :) now I'm looking for second replacement. I think its common issue with MacBook 2017 but nobody knowns yet .

sagar.vijay

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks for sharing your experience man! I didn't know the problem was so widespread. At least they're giving you replacement devices though. Out here they're only willing to replace the screen :(

BurisKegen

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yeah first 15 day after bought ,so important for replacement. True I know some people who take replacement 4-5 times for same reason. I wonder, when did you buy it? and which model is it possible to be 2.9ghz. 512gb??

sagar.vijay

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup exactly that model! 2.9 GHz with 512 GB. Bought it on September 21st. Realised that it had backlight bleed the minute I turned it on after coming back home. Went back to the Apple store to show it to them only about a week later and yet they were only willing to replace the screen :(

BurisKegen

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I got it. it's 3rd 512 Macbook but nothing changed just same bleeding. As you can see replacement not solution, maybe "replacing the screen" that's what we need Idk. Yeah recent dates. I bought 1st one on October 02, Second one is 13 October, 3rd one 20 October . I really wonder conclusion to replacing the screen, maybe is it gonna put an end to our pain finally. After it happens please let me know. that's my last Macbook, perfect right?

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Gad Azeraf

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yo, How far along are you at this point?
I am in France, I had the same problem. I have just returned from the Apple Store where I did my second exchange. 3 macbook, 3 bleeding screen. I think I try in another Apple Store as soon as I have the time.

sagar.vijay

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
To BurisKegen,

Wow seeing how widespread this problem is I think you really got lucky with this one! Bleeding is still there but only very little. I think you should just keep this one!

As for me since they're not replacing the whole computer I'm considering waiting till later to get the screen replaced (probably will get it done in another city). In my city the Apple Store doesn't have a great track record of servicing products and I really don't wanna risk opening up my brand new MacBook. But still I'll let you know as soon I get it done!

Last edited:

sagar.vijay

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Yo, How far along are you at this point?
I am in France, I had the same problem. I have just returned from the Apple Store where I did my second exchange. 3 macbook, 3 bleeding screen. I think I try in another Apple Store as soon as I have the time.

I'm assuming every screen has some backlight bleed on the 2017 MacBook Pro! Could you please post pictures so that we can see how bad the bleed is on your unit?

BurisKegen's unit seems almost fine to me. I think it just depends on luck as to how bad the bleed is gonna be on your unit. But you should keep trying until you get a satisfactory product! After all we paid so much money for it!

BurisKegen

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Vijay it makes me feel good :) ,I thought so too. There is no way out without bleeding with 2017 MacBook Pro 15" 512. Yeah you're right, nobody wants to risk their brand new machine like that actually it's so ridiculous they sold to you defective product after all and they have to exchange it. You have rights as a consumer , I think you should try your luck this way (Consumer Arbitration Committee)

Gad Azeraf

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Yo, I put 3 photos, from the first macbook to the one I have now. For the price, I'm really expecting something perfect. Next week I will go to another city, I will go exchange there.
Vijay, please let us know if you are making repairs. Maybe it's the only solution for having a perfect screen.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Every Device with a LCD type display will have some Backlight bleeding because its the nature of the tech. I would just say what is acceptable and keep it because you could just keep on getting worse ones

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73