2017 15” MacBook Pro

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Am I wrong by making my new MacBook Pro a Windows machine by bootcamping Windows 10. I’m not doing anything with it now except running the anti virus every week. Should I delete it and have a MacBook Pro period? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well it DOES give you more flexibility for the future, BUT based on what you are doing with it, I'd say you don't really need it. HOWEVER if you think you might need a Win's only game for example at some point in the future, it's nice to have the option. :)

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I do believe that putting Windows 10 on a MacBook is a sin
But, I’m biased. I despise Windows with all my being haha!

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well it DOES give you more flexibility for the future, BUT based on what you are doing with it, I'd say you don't really need it. HOWEVER if you think you might need a Win's only game for example at some point in the future, it's nice to have the option. :)

I downloaded one game on both sides. It worked better on the Mac side than the Windows side.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I do believe that putting Windows 10 on a MacBook is a sin
But, I’m biased. I despise windows with all my being haha!

Wow!!! I’ve never heard that one before. Even AppleCare told me that even though Windows is bootcamped on a MacBook, you’re still running a Windows machine. I didn’t pay almost $3200 to hear that. But oh well. I’m not really doing anything with it so I might as well take it off. If I wanted a Windows machine I could of bought a Dell 15” XPS for less money.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Wow!!! I’ve never heard that one before. Even AppleCare told me that even though Windows is bootcamped on a MacBook, you’re still running a Windows machine. I didn’t pay almost $3200 to hear that. But oh well. I’m not really doing anything with it so I might as well take it off. If I wanted a Windows machine I could of bought a Dell 15” XPS for less money.

Indeed

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded one game on both sides. It worked better on the Mac side than the Windows side.

True most apps, games etc will have a Mac version, BUT there will be some PC only stuff, heck there are even a few Mac only things too. ;) BUT it sounds to me like you really don't need a windows side. ;) BUT it certainly won't kill ya! lol

jsteg94

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
You could also use a VM like Parallels. Probably not the best for gaming, but it works well for certain apps, like Office.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well it’s off. A lot of trouble since I downloaded to High Sienna. I also can use office on the Mac anyway. So goodbye to Windows on my Mac.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73