Solution: This was on me, as I suspected. I had a gesture extension enabled in Chrome for 2-finger swipe support on my Windows machine and that was apparently not working collaboratively on the Mac.

Is anyone else noticing this? I even went so far as purchasing a new MacBook Pro (returned it) to verify if it was a hardware issue and it is not. This pertains to basic web browsing using 2 fingers to move up and down a web page. As I do that (and this only pertains to Chrome - Safari, Firefox, etc do not act like this) the page acts as if I've moved my fingers side-to-side and it starts to execute either a "go back" or "go forward" command and the page "grays out". It has really rendered Chrome unusable, which is a shame as it's my favorite browser. It acts the same on both the built-in touchpad on the MBP and also my Magic Touchpad. It would seem that since I've seen this on 2 machines now, that it's a Chrome issue and others would be frustrated but I find no mention of it on the interwebs. Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks!
    Last edited by MediumPace; 09-07-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Solution
    09-07-2017 09:21 AM
    Nope. Not noticing this at all and I use Chrome exclusively and I'm not having an issue with two finger scrolling. I consistently use the two finger scroll as well.
    09-07-2017 09:38 AM