Windows 10 bootcamp or parallels?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I had Windows 10 on my older MacBook Pro and its was crazy installing it. No disrespect but I gotta go with Apple support on this one. But thanks anyway.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I went ahead and paid $120 for Windows 10 Home at Best Buy. Went home and downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft, and entered the product key and was done it in about an hour. Also downloaded the new update. I think it's called Creator or something like that.

Downloaded the game I wanted and it seems to work better on Mac than on Windows. I hope it wasn't a waste of money downloading Windows. We'll see.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Not even really using the Windows side hardly at all. Thinking it was a waste of money. Might have to take the partion off and make it all one again. Gonna be 100% Apple on the MacBook Pro again it seems.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Nothing really. I had two games that I wanted on Windows. One was available only on Windows, and the other was on both platforms.

The one on the Windows side wasn’t compatible with Windows 10. The one on both platforms ran better it seems on the Mac side.

I figured it was a waste of time and money on the bootcamping, so I removed the Windows portion.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Run in Boot Camp if you have the space, but I wouldn't Boot Camp on a 128GB SSD. Also, running Windows in a VM is going to decrease your SSD endurance as double the pace, since you're basically running two full OSes on one system.

You don't want to have to replace an Apple SSD before you get a new PC. They use a proprietary NVMe connector, so the drives are really expensive. I don't think Apple gives Endurance Ratings for thier SSDs, but I'd rather not do that... When SSDs start going bad, they do so more spectacularly than Hard Disk Drives... Also, NVMe drives pull more power than SATA3 SSDs or Hard Drives, and produce a fair amount of heat under load. They will thermally throttle if they get too hot.

There are Windows Gaming Laptops for $1,100 which give better performance than a $2,600 15' rMBP. If you are into gaming, then you need to think about that in the future.

I use virtualbox.
1st I only have 120GB.
2nd if I want delete windows, there's one file only. If you delete it, everything goes with it.
But honestly, if you'll use it for gaming, I don't think this is the best choice, and paralells too.

EDIT: installed Windows with bootcamp and I’m very impressed. It runs better than a PC. And to remove it’s the same, just open bootcamp and click next. Apple always making things simple!

Macs are nothing but PCs with Apple Branding and macOS instead of Windows or Linux.

Given that simple fact, the idea that it runs "better than a PC" is quite an ignorant assertion.

You can literally piece together the same hardware Apple uses for their PCs, except you'd use a Samsung NVMe SSD instead of their proprietary connector, and you'd need a 3rd party display...

Windows won't magically run worse simply because the PC you built doesn't have an Apple Logo on it...

While that sounds cute, here... it's actually a pretty clueless thing to say.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I was running Fusion on my 2016 MBP but was having some issues so now I'm trying Parallels. $99 isn't too bad if I can get work to pay for it. Only reason I'm using W10 anyway is because I have to support it at work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2