60 days after purchase to come up with $380 plus tax? It was hard enough coming up with the $2800 for the computer in the first place. I know that it's probably needed. But is it really needed? That's what I have to decide. Is anyone not getting it? Or is this something that there is no questioning about? Buy now or maybe be sorry later.

On my late 2013 15" MacBook Pro I bought it for $250 and had 6 months to a year to get it after purchase. The only thing I had to replace was the charger which was a $80 cost without the AppleCare.

This is my second or third post that has the "&quot" in it. Have no idea how that came in. Oh well.
    Last edited by Abu Khadija; 08-02-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    07-31-2017 09:33 AM
    I usually get Apple Care with my Apple gear. With the new MacBook Pros everything is soldiered on so nothing is user replaceable or fixable. Consequently, if something breaks you'll have to go to Apple to fix it. That is one of the main reasons I purchased Apple Care for my 2017 MacBook Pro.
    08-03-2017 06:18 PM
    60 days after purchase to come up with $380 plus tax? It was hard enough coming up with the $2800 for the computer in the first place. I know that it's probably needed. But is it really needed? That's what I have to decide. Is anyone not getting it? Or is this something that there is no questioning about? Buy now or maybe be sorry later.

On my late 2013 15" MacBook Pro I bought it for $250 and had 6 months to a year to get it after purchase. The only thing I had to replace was the charger which was a $80 cost without the AppleCare.

This is my second or third post that has the "&quot" in it. Have no idea how that came in. Oh well.
    When I purchased my MacBook years ago, I did not get AppleCare or any other type of issuance with it, and thankfully, I never needed it. With that in mind, everybody’s situation is different. If you’re on the fence about getting it then it may be a good idea to go ahead and do so, in my opinion.
    08-03-2017 07:56 PM
    I know. My late 2013 I didn't need it really. Now with the new styles I might have no choice. I think I have until about September 23 or 24, than after that it's all on me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-04-2017 08:24 PM
    Went a couple of days ago and shelled out the $380. Thinking a little of bootcamping Windows 10 so now I'm covered in case something goes wrong.
    09-05-2017 08:29 PM
    I was thinking about getting this for my new MacBook pro. Was looking online at the applecare info and it says you can have up to 2 accidental damages. This is new applecare coverage compared to what I had on my 12" MacBook. First off I had a year to purchase it and it did NOT cover any damage incidents. So i will definitely get it, I do have 3 kids.
    09-20-2017 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD