A couple MacBook Pro 13" w/ Touchbar + MacOS questions

jenks5150

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys -

First time Mac owner as of the beginning of this year or so - previous to that I've been on a combination of Ubuntu and Windows, but I think I've gotten mostly up to speed. Have a couple of very random questions on both hardware and software that hopefully you guys can help with:

1) External Displays.
I bought a 27" 4K display (LG UD68-W) - had a hell of a time getting it to display at the correct HiDPI resolutions with a 60hz refresh rate. Turns out the Apple HDMI adapter doesn't do it, the Aukey 4K HDMI adapter that claims to do it doesn't do it... at the end of the day I ended up buying a USB C to DisplayPort cable and it finally works. That being said, my MBP (Late 2016 13" with TouchBar, 16GB RAM) gets pretty hot just doing normal tasks. I know graphics aren't the strong suit, but that seems a bit weird for a $3K laptop. Is this normal or should I be looking into potential hardware issues?

2) Further to this, if I have it running in Clamshell mode in a stand just using an external keyboard and mouse, most times when I wake the MacBook with the keyboard, it has a catastrophic failure and has to restart, meaning I have to take it out of the stand, unplug all the cables, open the computer, reboot, login again - it's a bit of a mess. Further, since I normally use TouchID when I'm out and about, when I'm at my desk and don't have access to the TouchBar, it doesn't seem to want to let me login manually. Is there a setting to tell it to take a normal password when the machine is in clamshell mode?

3) Are there legitimately no HTML Email Signatures for Outlook on Mac?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity - Did you get Apple Care? Even if not, since it's new, you should be able to set up a Genius Bar appointment at the Apple Store to get the best help to rectify your issues.

The issues you have mentioned here are not common. So it could be a defective unit or it needs a full reset. Not sure though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2