Is anyone running Windows 10 on the 2017 MacBook Pro with bootcamp or parallels?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don’t have a newer model MacBook/MacBook Pro, but let’s hope that those who do and are running Windows 10 on it will reply soon...:)

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was running Windows 10 with Boot Camp on my 2013 MacBook Air. Haven't got around to installing it on my 2017 Pro yet, but will be doing so soon...

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How is it running parallels on a mac? Do you get the true feeling of windows or should someone get a windows computer?

If you install Windows via Boot Camp, then your Mac for all intents and purposes, becomes a Windows PC. Windows runs on it just like it would on hardware made by Asus, Dell, Lenovo, HP or any of the other Windows OEMs. You get that "true feeling" as the OS is running in a native environment vs a virtual environment with Parallels.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2017 MBP. I used to run Boot Camp for 1 Windows app I need, and it ran fine - as Blackberry Guy said it is a Windows computer at that point. But I tired of having to reboot to run the app, plus I keep my Mac disk encrypted with File Vault and the Windows partition was not encrypted - and Windows encryption solutions are quirky in comparison. So I bought Parallels and started using it, and I will never go back to Boot Camp - Parallels runs really great.

I run my app in full screen mode, so now I just leave it up thru the day - I am still only at about 12 GB of my 16 GB used with about 5 Mac apps also up, and I can 4-finger swipe to go right to the Windows app, and to go back to the Mac world. You can run in a window too of course, Cmd-Tab works to go to it even if full screen, etc., but like you I like seeing the full Windows desktop when I am using the Windows app.

Integration is great - I do Shift Command 3 to snapshot a screen in Windows, and it drops on my Mac desktop. Printers, cut and paste, everything integrates. Touchpad use is excellent, I don't use a mouse in either environment.

I couldn't be happier with how well it works! Let me know if you have some specific questions.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
What app were you running? I had windows 10 bootcamped on my late 2013 15" rMBP for just one app. Rise of the Reich by Making History. The company is now called something else. I don't plan on bootcamping my new 2017 15". How is parallels working?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner