My spacebar finally got so bad I could take no more and contacted Apple.
    I brought it in to the nearest store and they tried replacing just the spacebar cover but it made no change. I also have issues with the P key typing double and several keys clicking LOUD on release.

I dropped it off and they said 3-5 days for repair under warranty. System has never been dropped or had anything spilled on it. They said because it's the touchbar model that it may require the top deck to be replaced.

This is the top model 15" that cost $4200 when I purchased it in January. Besides this, it has been perfect.

Will they send me another computer or replace parts? They aren't very clear in this service.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm using a 2017 13" model with touchbar to keep me over until I get it back. I like it, just a tad bigger than my anemic 2015 12" mbp and soooo much faster!
    07-09-2017 03:21 PM
    Per Apple:

“Apple may use parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. Apple will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Apple for value. If applicable law requires Apple to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Apple the additional cost of the replacement item.”

and

“Apple warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of service (1) that service will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified by Apple....”

Source: https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-su...onditions.html
    07-09-2017 04:28 PM
    Yes I've read that and understand however I was wondering if anyone has sent theirs in and what was done.
    Everything I'm seeing is they get a different computer.
    07-09-2017 08:50 PM
    Yes I've read that and understand however I was wondering if anyone has sent theirs in and what was done.
    Everything I'm seeing is they get a different computer.
    Typically, if an item is under warranty and is deemed unrepairable then yes, that device is replaced with a new one or with one that is like new...
    07-09-2017 09:39 PM
    Got it back yesterday.
    They replaced the entire top so new keyboard, trackpad, touchbar, touchID and battery! I now have a macbook with two cycles and 105% battery health! All covered under warranty.

If I have to do this again, TBH, I will just do it online and mail it in to them.
    07-14-2017 05:15 PM