MacBook Pro got slower??

lucjone

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Hey!
I am a newbie with Macbook and Apple products as a whole. So kindly forgive me if what I ask is very basic. A few months back, I got my own MacBook Pro as a gift. (An expensive gift, I know). Getting a Macbook was like a dream for me and I was kind of saving for it. I loved it on the first sight. I will share the specifications of the Macbook before telling my concern.
Core i7
16GB DDR3
512 GB SSD
Sierra OS
Used browsers: Safari and Chrome
I hope that's enough details.
My main concern is that a lot of ads are popping up while browsing on any of the browsers I have mentioned. Some sites used to have ads before, but I feel now it's too much. Also, I am getting a feeling that the MacBook got a little slower than before. I may be wrong and it may be usual performance difference after a couple of months usage, but I keep getting the feeling that it's something unusual.
I saw a video about malware and ransome attacks, and I hate that happening to me. I thought Mac is safer than Windows and haven't installed any Anti-Virus software. I am guessing I am wrong is thinking about purchasing a year subscription of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac. Do you think installing and performing a complete scan will help me remove if any malware is present in my mac? If not, what else should I do to be safe? Any advice will be really helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd download MalwareBytes. They offer a free product that will scan your computer and clean any detected malware. Then I'd restore the web browser. Clear cache, history and any extensions.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2