Kinda want the new Mac WITHOUT touchbar!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I KNOW I own a 2016 MacBook, AND I also kind of like the upcoming Surface Laptop, BUT I'm also digging the Mac Book Pro WITHOUT touchbar! It's got some nice specs and a sleek new design. And do I really need the touchbar? Is it really worth an extra 300 dollars?

Ok so I'm probably not going to buy anything, and just live with the MacBook for now, BUT the non touchbar MBP looks SWEET!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Is it really worth an extra 300 dollars?

When comparing it to the Non-Touch bar version, i would say you getting a fair bit more for that extra $300. You get a faster processor, improved graphics, 2x extra Thunderbolt 3 ports and obviously a touch bar WITH a finger print sensor. So its a tough decision.

I think the Non-Touch bar version is only worth it if you get the base model because if you upgrade anything, its going to be the same prices as the touch bar version. I really like the non touch bar version. Keys are awesome and i prefer them, it just needs to be $200 cheaper :)

Anyone else agree? #ApplePricesToHigh lol

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy my first MacBook and I am not sure what direction I will go. I don't need a ton of power. I need to be able to get onto my network at work and the rest is pretty much web based as well. I am thinking that I could get away with a MacBook (not pro). I need to do more research as I have no idea how they all fall in the lineup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro