How are you enjoying the Touch Bar?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For all the NEW MacBook Pro owners out there - how are you enjoying the new Touch Bar now that you've had it for some time? Is it growing on you? Or do you wish you had opted for the previous gen MBP?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing this as well. Hopefully, those who have an iPad with the Touch Bar will reply soon...??????

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I mostly just use it for volume and brightness control. I LOVE using it for those though. It's so much nicer than pressing physical buttons. I also love TouchID! Occasionally I use it to check my spelling as I'm typing, but I haven't really used it that much

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my new 15" MacBook Pro on Thursday and I absolutely love this laptop!! the touch bar is amazing!! I love how it adjusts to what you are doing and what program is running. I also love it showing the words while typing just like my iPad and iPhone.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok it took me a while, and also apps to support it, but I now OFFICALLY love my Touchbar. Firstly TouchID, couldn't live without it, no surprise, but that wasn't quite enough.

I had totally discounted the TouchBar as un-needed, however today I caught myself reaching for a mail action in the toucher (archive) and also relying upon the presentation timer in PowerPoint. Then I stopped to think about what TouchBar buttons I was using on a regular basis, and thought I think it might have happened, this bloody thing has grown on me to the point of reliance.

For giggles I grabbed my old (and still rock solid) MacBook Air (2011, i7 512GB), and yes I found myself looking for the TouchBar.

To the various industry Podcasters and other online and print media, I was almost with you in your generic dismissal of the TouchBar, until I wasn't and have found myself reliant upon it for quite a bit of my MacBook Pro enabled day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2