Did I buy a MacBook Pro or a Windows "Ultrabook"

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my first-generation 12" MacBook a few days ago to a new 13" MacBook Pro w/ the touch bar. It's definitely a big upgrade for me and I love the laptop except for one thing....the battery life stinks. As I sit here and type, I've done nothing more than some general and light web browsing an iMessaging for about 25 minutes and I've gone from 91% to 80%

I have the keyboard lighting off, screen on auto (currently sitting at about the half-way mark) and only WiFi on. I didn't pay much mind the first few days because I know the initial setup can be very taxing on a laptop but now I'm starting to take notice. I don't have much stuff on this thing, so I can't make sense of why the battery life is so bad. I know the battery is smaller than in previous generations but at this rate I'm getting w/ light usage MAYBE 4-5 hours.

It's up to date from the software side of things and I did a clean installation with no restore of any kind. So what gives?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like there has been a lot of talk about the battery life of the new MacBooks. Maybe there is something going on that Apple will address. I'm not sure how much of it is just talk or how much is legit. I personally went with the 2015 model when the new ones released and my battery is phenomenal. It's unfortunate to hear the newest ones may not have the same battery life.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 6.39.26 PM.png

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Recently I read a review (that I can't find now) where someone spent some time with the 2016 MBP w/ TB and at the end the guy did have the same complaint about battery life, you are not alone there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner