Yayyyy
    03-23-2017 07:42 AM
    Reading this thread has me torn. The Touch Bar sounds useful, but only the no-Touch-Bar version has a semi-replaceable SSD. Repairability has significant value to me, but Touch ID sure would be nice too!
    03-29-2017 08:37 PM
    I got it and it is so fun
    RobertP1 likes this.
    03-30-2017 12:06 AM
    I don't own it but it seems gimmicky to me
    My first reaction was 'AWESOME' but once that died down and i started playing with it a little more in stores. It doesn't seem to add much benefit to my life. Maybe to others it will I'm happy using a physical button to turn my brightness down and various other things. I do like seeing a while video timeline in the touch bar and i can move between sections quickly. But that alone isn't worth the premium

Maybe Touch Bar 2.0 will add new things and make it much more worth while.
    03-30-2017 08:16 AM
    I'm used to using touchscreen. But I'm fed up cleaning it 5 or 6 times a day.
    However this touchbar is half way crossover for me.
    I only need to clean my screen every other day if that.
    While the touchbar doesn't make it feel alien for someone thats used to a surface book
    03-30-2017 06:13 PM
    I couldn't agree more. They should make a non touch bar version, but with touch id only!
    03-30-2017 10:27 PM
    I'm used to using touchscreen. But I'm fed up cleaning it 5 or 6 times a day.
    However this touchbar is half way crossover for me.
    I only need to clean my screen every other day if that.
    While the touchbar doesn't make it feel alien for someone thats used to a surface book
    Same. I work fixing computers and my OCD goes through the roof when I see these touch screen Windows units full of fingerprints, grease stains and marks. It's so unsanitary if you ask me. Granted, I know the phone I'm typing this on is no better, neither is my Mac keyboard, but just something about a 17" panel with stains and prints on it just bugs me...
    willboyce likes this.
    05-11-2017 09:50 PM
    I like it. Once your using your MacBook Pro for a few weeks your brain starts to work with it better. Just my opinion
    05-18-2017 01:48 PM
    It's actually amazing how much I use the touch bar! Once you start getting used to it, I would be lost without it! Especially in Final Cut Pro! It's one of those things at first you're not sure about, but once you start to utilize it very amazing function on my MacBook Pro.
    05-24-2017 08:46 PM
    Maybe it's cool but without it I don't feel like I'm missing it. If my next one has it, then I may wonder how I went so long without!
    05-24-2017 08:58 PM
    I've been using the TouchBar for several months now, and it's certainly a marketing gimmick, however the fingerprint sensor on the far-right of the TouchBar works great and actually saves me time and effort from typing my system password.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-26-2017 10:34 PM
    I've been using the TouchBar for several months now, and it's certainly a marketing gimmick, however the fingerprint sensor on the far-right of the TouchBar works great and actually saves me time and effort from typing my system password.
    This would be the killer feature for me if I didn't have an Apple Watch
    05-27-2017 08:48 PM
    I am a long long time Apple Fanboy. Many many apple devices. Very very fond of repeated words for emphasis.

I have a touch-bar version at work.

I never use the touch bar. Never.

I do use Touch-ID all the time.

The touch bar is pretty useless. The cognitive disconnect of a "screen" changing contexts on the keyboard while I am simultaneously using the real screen - just makes it impossible to use.

Also - I really really miss my physical escape key. So much that I used another repeated adjective sentence!

Another problem hit me a couple days ago - the touch bar crashed. It was dead - so at that point I had no escape! Touch-ID stopped working. I had to reboot the whole computer to get my escape key, volume keys, brightness keys, and touch-ID back.
    olliegrl likes this.
    07-04-2017 10:30 PM
    I have two 13" pro's one for the office and one for home.The newest one was purchased without the touch bar I didn't feel I needed it plus the price is that much higher.
    07-07-2017 11:00 AM
    I thought I wouldn't want it, but when I finally got the latest Macbook Pro, I'm kind of hooked. I really dig the Microsoft Office tools with the Touchbar shortcuts and Safari's touchbar functionality is great.
    07-08-2017 07:37 PM
    If only apple included to TouchID on the non-touch bar it would not even be a question. I didn't think I would need the touch bar so I got one without and just use my apple watch to auto-unlock my mac. As a developer I just can't see any use of it and the idea of looking away from the screen to use it seems annoying.
    07-15-2017 11:35 AM
    Opted for the 13" without the touch bar. I tried it and it was cool to play with but I don't feel like I'm missing out. I would like the Touch ID though. That would be nice to have.
    07-27-2017 11:54 AM
    If only apple included to TouchID on the non-touch bar it would not even be a question. I didn't think I would need the touch bar so I got one without and just use my apple watch to auto-unlock my mac. As a developer I just can't see any use of it and the idea of looking away from the screen to use it seems annoying.
    I use my TB to run scripts and code cause I'm lazy.

Opted for the 13" without the touch bar. I tried it and it was cool to play with but I don't feel like I'm missing out. I would like the Touch ID though. That would be nice to have.
    I feel like you have to force yourself to use it. But I'm like I can't live without this cause it keeps using my laptop easy with my long claws 🤣🤣🤣

cwbcpa and Hup55 like this.
    07-27-2017 12:14 PM
    I feel like you have to force yourself to use it. But I'm like I can't live without this cause it keeps using my laptop easy with my long claws 🤣🤣🤣

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2f06910ae3.jpg
    Lol. I don't have the long claws, but I'm sure I'd use it if I had it. This is my first MacBook so I was already having the shakes from spending so much on a laptop. I got a great deal at Best Buy though and I absolutely love my MacBook even without the touch bar and Touch ID. I am very happy with my switch so far.
    stavwoz likes this.
    07-27-2017 12:19 PM
    Lol. I don't have the long claws, but I'm sure I'd use it if I had it. This is my first MacBook so I was already having the shakes from spending so much on a laptop. I got a great deal at Best Buy though and I absolutely love my MacBook even without the touch bar and Touch ID. I am very happy with my switch so far.
    I'm glad you're happy with your purchase! I think If you get the touchbar Better Touch Tool is a MUST. No ifs,ands or buts. It makes touchbar beyond amazing
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-27-2017 12:23 PM
    I own the Touch Bar version and think the the speck upgrade without the Touch Bar alone is worth it. If you bump up the non-touch bar to the biggest with a 256 ssd you are looking at the same prices as the touchpad with a slower processor. Now, what I have noticed after using my toucher Mac then going to my wife's 12 inch Mac was that I missed the Touch Bar. There are little shortcuts and very easy ways of doing things with the Touch Bar that is hard to do with the old style top row. An example would be while watching a video and wanting to do a PIP. With the touch bar its the click of an icon. Its a 3 step process without it. fast forwarding and rewinding is another perk. Rewinding using old school methods drive me mad now.
    08-16-2017 07:39 PM
    I own the Touch Bar version and think the the speck upgrade without the Touch Bar alone is worth it. If you bump up the non-touch bar to the biggest with a 256 ssd you are looking at the same prices as the touchpad with a slower processor. Now, what I have noticed after using my toucher Mac then going to my wife's 12 inch Mac was that I missed the Touch Bar. There are little shortcuts and very easy ways of doing things with the Touch Bar that is hard to do with the old style top row. An example would be while watching a video and wanting to do a PIP. With the touch bar its the click of an icon. Its a 3 step process without it. fast forwarding and rewinding is another perk. Rewinding using old school methods drive me mad now.
    I was thinking of getting one to replace my Late 2013 rMBP... but dayum it's expensive
    TouchBar looks dope along with Space Gray.
    08-16-2017 07:42 PM
    I think the late 2013 is still good enough when comparing to what I have. I came from a 2012 MacBook Air 11. I just think a lot of the naysayers about the Touch Bar haven't used it enough. I remember how people freaked that apple dropped the optical drive.
    08-16-2017 08:27 PM
    its one of those things until you actually get it and start using it, you realize how dependent you become on the touch bar!! I love it, Final cut Pro with touch bar is amazing!!!
    08-29-2017 04:42 PM
    its one of those things until you actually get it and start using it, you realize how dependent you become on the touch bar!! I love it, Final cut Pro with touch bar is amazing!!!
    Yup! I tried my friend’s TB MBP and it’s amazing!
    08-29-2017 06:35 PM
55 123